Author Topic: Little different method of cleaning  (Read 722 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Little different method of cleaning
« on: December 27, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
I've seen posts of people using dishwashers and a multitude of other methods to clean stuff.. nea1

This has been one of my favorite tools for cleaning parts and pieces, an ultrasonic cleaner. Ultrasonic cleaners come in various sizes, capacities and strength, and even the little baby cheapie Harbor Freight one I also have.. works half way decent. And Rule #1, don't ever reach inside the liquid while it works. I've used them on handgun slides, bolts, trigger assembly's, gas system parts, even actions and magazines. Not to mention other items like carbs, injector nozzles, and anything I can squeeze in it. Even surface rust can be removed to an extent.
This one being heated is also an advantage on greasy oily parts, it will hold temps between about 100 to 180ish degrees, even when not running the cleaning part. The timer can be set from a minute to 30 minutes, dunk it, hit it, and do something else. A very versatile tool and with the correct cleaner, you can remove bluing easily(easily put a part back in the white), carbon/powder/black powder build up, grease and various outer things. Also, it has a tank drain, makes swapping between cleaners easy and flushing and cleaning the tank easy.
I have friends who say it's the lazy man cleaner... but I see it as a time saver. :)

And... an SKS bolt doesn't stand a chance of not coming out degreased and spotless  :)

Spot of surface rust removed during cleaning.

Idea on the size of this model.. that is a full size Glock 21 in the basket. It will hold 4 high cap magazine bodies very comfortably.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
Re: Little different method of cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 06:44:34 PM »
I was thinking of it but then saw reports of unintended blueing removal, which scared me away. I need to look more into it