Author Topic: My SHTF Box. :^)  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
My SHTF Box. :^)
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:06:53 PM »
Welp..   I finally had the chance to do something with this Yugo sks crate.   :)

First I cleaned it up and relocated ome of the rear pocked dividers to make a wider slot for the AK.  Then I lined the bottom of each section with an old blanket the dogs have been using for years.... Nice and soft because its been washed every day for three years.   ???   I decided then to have one sks in the bottom and leave the rest of the bottom space for a case of ammo, pistols, mags, chest tigs, and other goodies.  On the top section I added three more SKSs leaving access to the goodies at the bottom. 

Still thinking of more stuff to put in there, but is getting pretty freaking heavy.    :))

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:54:16 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: My SHTF Box. :^)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:37 PM »
Very nice. Is your ammo on clips ready to go?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:16:11 PM »
Very nice. Is your ammo on clips ready to go?

The case in the middle isn't...  But I do plan on filling the bandoliers with loaded trippers of other misc ammos.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »
Good idea, good start. Weight will be a factor of course with a container that large but you will probably pack/unpack this container several times, modifying the contents. Congratulations!

Offline aschatzl

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »
Great idea. now I'll have to go out and get me one.

Offline larm

• Newber
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 07:06:37 AM »
issue #207

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 09:57:56 AM »
Very functional fellas. I have some plastic trade show display containers, with wheels and handles I tried to use, but they're all wrong and only fit the Paratroopers, barely. PAX 
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline larm

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 12:07:41 PM »
 the nhm91,  i do consider a crew serve weapon.  but i dont have a crew, my numbers have dwindled down to me and my dog....lol