Author Topic: VZ 52 Egyptian Use  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
VZ 52 Egyptian Use
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »
The VZ 52 from the Gun Broker auction that we were watching a couple of weeks ago arrived today. 

I believe these were Israeli captured Egyptian VZ 52s.  The number on the buttstock in Arabic matches the SN on the receiver. The SN on the gas piston also matches but the others are mismatched.  I've never seen a matching VZ 52 but I imagine they exist  :))

It does have an import mark, contrary to the advertisement on the auction, but I didn't really believe that anyway.  I can't really blame the seller (much) for saying it didn't. He probably never took it out of the stock.  The Samco import stamp is on the bottom of the barrel and well hidden by the stock.  The bore is in very good shape and it measures about .3015, so a lot of life left.

A year ago I became an accidental collector of Yugoslavian SKSs, when the stars aligned (well, when Dan's Ammo got a bunch of nice M59s and variants, and the Aim Slovenian Honor Guards came in). Now I seem to have become and Egyptian hound...what's next...a Helwan?  :))

Anyhow, here's the onslaught of pictures. Hope you enjoy!

SERIAL NUMBERS ETC.

Receiver

Operating "Rod" and Bolt Carrier

Stock

Handguard

Samco

Bore

Offline CuSks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: VZ 52 Egyptian Use
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:56:33 PM »
That is a beautiful rifle!!!   thumb1

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
Gorgeous!! If it could speak!!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:53 AM »
Thanks guys! The stock is the nicest looking of my trio and that Arabic SN and rack number are the things that finally tempted me to pull the trigger  :)

The two manufacturers of the VZ 52 were:
she = Česká Zbrojovka, Uherský Brod, Czechoslovakia (Czech region, halfway between Brno and Bystrica)
aym = Povázské Strojárne Národný Podnik, Povázská Bystrica, Czechoslovakia (western Slovakia)

The aym factory made fewer, I'm not sure of exact numbers, they certainly pop up far less often than she marked VZs in the USA.

All of the ammo for these is marked either bxn or zv, both for present day Sellier & Bellot in Vlašim, Czech Republic (between Prague and Brno)

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »
Thats so cool...and it's a Cz drool2 with a really nice bore to boot, looks almost new compared to the ones I've run across, no pitting or funky dark areas, and it has....actual rifling :o thumb1 Also, no cracked stock or hand guard, the only thing I can see, is the front sight hood is missing, no biggie, it's a commonly missing part on the ones I've seen.

Those painted numbers are really cool.. thumb1 thats kind of what made me buy the Hakims, they still have the rack numbers painted on them.

So...you gonna try it out?  :)

And when is the Cz 52/57 coming  thumb1  That special spot filler between the Cz 52 and the Vz58 :)

damn enabler ::)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
Thanks GM.  Yeah, all three of my VZ 52s defy the norm and have good rifling.  I have one spare sight hood that'll go on this one. 

Yeah, I'll shoot it for sure  thumb1

I would love to have a VZ 52/57...and an aym...and a true Grenada bringback...and...some CH4D reloading dies...I'm hopeless  banghead1  chuckles1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
Classic is offering 9 of these tomorrow at noon EDT...for $750  :o Holy crack-smoke, Batman!

https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/czech-m52-rifle-762x45-sky-finnish-m39-mosin-nagant

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:33 PM »
Classic is offering 9 of these tomorrow at noon EDT...for $750  :o Holy crack-smoke, Batman!

https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/czech-m52-rifle-762x45-sky-finnish-m39-mosin-nagant

HEY......RM.. :) It's a SkY, as in broaden your horizons as big as the SkY rofl2 rofl2 chuckles1

Seriously...it's kinda..understatement of the year, overpriced, 400-450, maybe a tad higher for a pristine one.

I want to see a photo of the magic mystery hat they pull prices from rofl
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
People at Classic have lost their minds. There's no way an 'M52' (who the hell calls it an M52 anyhow, I've ALWAYS heard either a CZ52, or if the pistol guys get offended and start correcting you, a VZ52) should be selling for 7 bills at retail. Classic doesn't even sell x45 ammo for them for pity's sake. They will sell them all though. Some people have lots of money and no M52!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »
M52 = Median IQ of those who purchase them.