Author Topic: Outstanding Service and Great work!  (Read 7698 times)

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Outstanding Service and Great work!
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »
Acquired an rifle several months ago. Took it to the range and had to move the front sight all the way to the left and still didn't have it zero'd. Finally contacted Murray and sent the entire rifle to him. After doing some investigation he found that the barrel was indeed bent significantly left and down a bit, however he fixed it up and sighted it in and it is headed back to me. I can't wait to get it back and get it to the range.  I can't say enough about Murray and his service and knowledge, it is outstanding and I highly recommend anyone needing a gunsmith to reach out to him first!
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
Re: Outstanding Service and Great work!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »
To follow up on this and post a target, went out in the 20 degree weather today to see what I could do.  50 yards, while not the best shooting I think with more work I can tighten things up a bit.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
"Tighten things up a bit"? Wadda ya mean? That isn't bad...I certainly wouldn't want to be in your sights!

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
Thanks Danny I appreciate it.  I just always want to try and get better and better. Had to make and eye appointment cause at 100 yards I couldn't hit anything with it.. all over the place.  So hopefully I can get some better specs and get things a bit closer.

agrace

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »
Looks like Murray did a fine job... nice shootin.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 07:24:47 AM »
Thanks Danny I appreciate it.  I just always want to try and get better and better. Had to make and eye appointment cause at 100 yards I couldn't hit anything with it.. all over the place.  So hopefully I can get some better specs and get things a bit closer.

agrace

I bet you could do even better with tech sights.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »

agrace

I understand what you are saying agrace, for many of us our "peepers" just aren't what they used to be! I'm glad we have Murray to help us. clap1 clap1

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
Acquired an rifle several months ago. Took it to the range and had to move the front sight all the way to the left and still didn't have it zero'd. Finally contacted Murray and sent the entire rifle to him. After doing some investigation he found that the barrel was indeed bent significantly left and down a bit, however he fixed it up and sighted it in and it is headed back to me. I can't wait to get it back and get it to the range.  I can't say enough about Murray and his service and knowledge, it is outstanding and I highly recommend anyone needing a gunsmith to reach out to him first!
  good to hear, thank you.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!