Author Topic: Shoot right handed AR15?, "add" a left handed bolt pull ?? I did.  (Read 881 times)

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
I never did like the 2-finger charging handle pull on my first AR. Wonder of wonders, I stumbled onto a guy who would drill/tap your bolt on the left side in the slot, no other changes. He made a "SS threaded "bolt pull" that screwed into the bolt on the left side. I had him do one for me. I LOVE IT. I shoot rifles right handed,  so, cocking with my left hand seemed perfect. I shoot pistols left handed. Seems to be a match made in heaven. The advantage is the "cocking handle" is farther away and MUCH easier to "rack the bolt". Maybe, XT or Murray would do this for whomever wants it. I have since had all my AR platforms "converted". The guy I used worked for a CNC shop and would do this "after hours" with permission. I don't where the guy is now.
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Shoot right handed AR15?, "add" a left handed bolt pull ?? I did.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 10:05:13 PM »
Got any photos Marcus?  How much grip do you get on it?  Does the forward assist get in the way somehow?

Just curious as to how the setup works.  (I shoot left handed and the right-handed bolts on my SKS are honestly perfect.  The only thing I hate is seeing spent brass fly through my peripheral vision!  Very distracting most of the time!) wacko1

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: Shoot right handed AR15?, "add" a left handed bolt pull ?? I did.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 11:04:19 AM »
I'll take some pix and post 'em. Now that I think on it, yeah, you do need to make a small change to the left side slot for clearance.AI file will do it. The rifle still functions as original.
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.