Author Topic: Desert Eagle 357 Magnum  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Desert Eagle 357 Magnum
« on: August 05, 2021, 07:51:37 PM »
I can't let P32 steal all the ENABLING joy..  I wandered through the shop yesterday and what did I spy with my little eye..  a consignment Desert Eagle Mark XIX with a 10inch 357mag barrel.......for a killer price and a no bling finish. Oh yeah!!!! rockon 4.5 pounds of... thumb1 well I trotted off with it and the 4 9rd magazines that were included.. I'll just swap the adjustable rear target sight I have from my early IMI Mark VII 44mag Desert Eagle, that has a optic on it. Quality wise, I see very little difference in the Israeli made version and the Magnum Research version, other than updates that have been done. It looked to only be shot at the factory, no wear markings on the bolt, bolt face or the chamber. One thing that has always amazed me, was the accuracy of them... they are big, heavy, built like a brick..outhouse and a total handful, but they do shoot great.. defiantly a learning curve to owning one..  yeah.. the big boy 50AE is next. :)

Rotating bolt and chamber.. yes, there is 4 recoil springs. Cant really see, but they have polygonal rifling like a Glock..jacketed rounds only, plus lead can plug the gas system.

Basic tear down, takes like 3 seconds. The gas piston is on the very front of the slide, there is a port in the bottom of the barrel that feeds gas to cycle it.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Desert Eagle 357 Magnum
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 10:12:23 PM »
That thing is bada$$ No need for a bling finish when it has a 10" barrel to attract attention.

I think these are fascinating guns. A semiautomatic pistol that's gas-operated is really cool.  8)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 11:49:50 PM »
Good gravy, that thing should be classified as a SBR!  It certainly weighs enough.  wink1

Where do you find all these honey hole shops GM?  thumb1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 12:21:52 AM »
That thing is bada$$ No need for a bling finish when it has a 10" barrel to attract attention.

I think these are fascinating guns. A semiautomatic pistol that's gas-operated is really cool.  8)

It is a niche' gun... practical.. nope, unless Andre the Giant would conceal carry.. Fun.. oh.. most defiantly. I always had my doubts on one, reading horrors stories... till I finally just broke down and bought one. After I got the beast figured out, it's true they are... or can be picky, but it's simple, feed it hot ammo, and always keep a new set of recoil springs and then figure out it's likes and dislikes.. and they will run like a ammo eating Timex..  thumb1

Limp wrists need not apply.. nea1     

Good gravy, that thing should be classified as a SBR!  It certainly weighs enough. 

Where do you find all these honey hole shops GM?  thumb1

Don't give our governor any ideas...  bat1 that boy's itch'en to pass some new laws...  :o he's been way too quiet lately....thats scary.

Backwoods Va, where else.. go down to the creek, turn right, go aways, and it's 3 fields past the white barn and brick house..   it aint on any GPS..  :)  thumb1 but it's ridges and hollars away from GunBroker and it's dastardly lies and over inflated prices..

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 06:34:52 PM »
And they call the CZ38 ugly!!!!  rofl

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
 :-*  glad you like it.  rofl2

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 07:11:40 PM »
neat! i rest my case about needing a bigger safe.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!