Another Update. There was a lot more fitting required than I thought would be needed after I got the bolt in. However, once everything was fitted, everything was also tight. Today, I took both this SKS and my Yugo SKS that I restored in the spring to the range for testing. Both worked well, no piercing primers, ejection is good, no slam fires. The only things that disappointed me was 1) I wanted to adjust the windage on the front sight post, but for some reason my B-Square front sight pusher wouldn't budge it. and 2) While all this work was put into the Chinese SKS with this cross bolt and everything else, the Yugo SKS was on target without needing any adjustment and its original sights (this was my first time firing both of these guns) and grouped better than its Chinese counterpart. I shot at 25 yards with Tula ammo since I was just looking to see if these SKS carbines functioned, but based on that shoot (55 rounds per carbine), it looks like by Chinese gun would be shooting a 8-10 inch group at 100 yards and the Yugo a 3-4 inch group at 100 yards. I hope I can figure out what I need to do to improve the accuracy of the Chinese carbine (better ammo for one and I have some other ideas).
I already have the majority of my writeup for installing the cross bolt, so I hope to finish that up soon and to also take some good quality pictures of my completed carbines. It just seems like it is so hard to find time these days for these projects.