Author Topic: Chinese barrel on a Yugo receiver  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Chinese barrel on a Yugo receiver
« on: March 26, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »
Has anyone installed a Chinese SKS barrel onto a Yugo M59/66 receiver before? What issues did you encounter, if any?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Chinese barrel on a Yugo receiver
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 02:59:59 PM »
I remember...... :o seems like umpteen years ago.. Martin....M08 did this kind of thing.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 03:23:08 PM »
I remember...... :o seems like umpteen years ago.. Martin....M08 did this kind of thing.

Funny, as soon as I started reading your post I was thinking, 'yeah, I remember Matt doing something like that'. I may have been that Faux Honor guard SKS he built up using an aluminum block he polished up on the butt stock, think it was supposed to be an East German set up as I recall.

Anyway, mostly concerned about the barrel threads, tolerances, and that sort of thing.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 03:29:24 PM »
I remember a big thing about barrel indexing and head spacing, don't remember issues regarding threads and that... but, I've been known to forget crap as I've aged. :o rofl2

Don't remember if it was the faux East German.. I'm spraining my brain remembering he was one who did it.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 03:32:31 PM »
I remember a big thing about barrel indexing and head spacing, don't remember issues regarding threads and that... but, I've been known to forget crap as I've aged. :o rofl2

Don't remember if it was the faux East German.. I'm spraining my brain remembering he was one who did it.

I understand cause that was way back in like......wait for it.......'08 (get it Martin08)

Seriously, yeah it was at least 10-11 years ago