Author Topic: My good auction find: albanian 78  (Read 5561 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: My good auction find: albanian 78
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 04:45:18 AM »
I think I need an Albanian now.....

NEED IT, I say.......

A few have turned up in the past few weeks, it looks like. Might be The Time to get one.

I'm doing okay, now. not perfect. I would really like a sino-soviet and a sheet metal chinese. I have an apparently unrefurbed russian (with a non matching stock, of course) and m59, m59/66a1, the probable bringback, a 11 million, with this I'm in pretty good shape on the standard collection. Except, for some reason, I haven't found a Romanian for sale anywhere near me ever.

Of course, I lack the funding to snag a trinity.  and none of what I have makes a "world class" collection, but I'm not doing bad.

It sounds like you've got a nice collection of the Type 56's going there, santaroga!  I think a guy could have a hundred of them and still want more. There's always that odd variant that's interesting. Or, the one with an interesting back story. Or, the one with a great looking red stain, or a unique grain in the stock. So many differences to collect! I just can't see myself getting to the "I have enough SKS'" stage, in this life. (much to my wife's dismay) :)

Good luck on the Romanian hunt. That's one that I doubt will ever see any replenishment of numbers via new imports. I have one that's non-matching and HAPPY to have it! I really like the finish quality of the Romy's. I still have the FSB w/barrel stub and magazine of a nice matching Romy that a member on another board cut into a para-length carbine and then bubba'd the crap out of it.   :o  I was "distraught" when he told me what he'd done, but what can you do after the fact?  bat1

firstchoice

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 01:01:25 PM »
I was "distraught" when he told me what he'd done, but what can you do after the fact?  bat1

firstchoice[/size]

Slap him until you feel better?
Just tossing that out there.... :)
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 03:40:05 AM »
I was "distraught" when he told me what he'd done, but what can you do after the fact?  bat1

firstchoice[/size]

Slap him until you feel better?
Just tossing that out there.... :)

chuckles1  Oh Yeah, for sure. thumb1  I did get my digs in on him. Repeatedly, I might add.  bat1  Doesn't hurt to remind him of his awful, terribly bad decision every once in a while.  (doesn't hurt me, anyway.)  punish1

firstchoice