Author Topic: I want your opinion on .22 pistols  (Read 4401 times)

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: I want your opinion on .22 pistols
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 11:06:49 AM »
Can never go wrong with a Ruger. That being said what will you be using it for? I have an old ruger revolver that came with both lr & mag cylinders bought used a little while ago for $125.00 and it is my favorite. Also have a S&W victory that has been a fun pistol and only $200.00 more than the ruger but prices have  gone up in the last 30yrs. rofl Bottom line is what ever melts your butter.

Permission to use that.  chuckles1

Nothing but plinking with whatever I pick up.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »
First thing to do.... is find one that fits and suits you.. thumb1 I have some pretty high dollar ones and my cheapest below... I paid $75 for it at an auction, and it's butt ugly....but oh so functional and is probably just about as accurate, just as fun as my Colts, High Standards...and yeah the high dollar Rugers. Sure I could pretty it up, but why..I ain't worried about scratching it, I just clean and put it away, you can't polish a turd, you just end up with a shiny pretty piece of $hit. rofl rofl2
8 shot Iver Johnson Target Mod. 55A

Or... an officially licensed Luger, in .22lr is always fun  rofl
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline ArkSlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
Permission granted just old country expression wink1

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »
Bob_The_Student, check out my for sale ad of a ISSC M22 .22lr pistol to see if you may be interested in it.   ;)
https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=4811.msg54125#new

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »
Or... an officially licensed Luger, in .22lr is always fun  rofl

Plum forgot about my Erma EP22. It's cool looking but took some effort to get it not to be a jam-o-matic. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 02:08:59 AM »
I have a Walther P22 .22LR pistol that I really like. It holds 10rds. in the magazine and fires in single or double action. I think the double action takes about 11 pounds and the single action is around four pounds. Both are smooth and pleasant to shoot.  I've put a lot of rounds through it and never had any feed issues. And reliability is so important with these little .22's!

Ruger's MK series are great pistols but the MK 1 and MK 2's were a little difficult to reassemble for me. Probably not bad once you had it figured out but at first they were a puzzle. I've not owned the newer Ruger MK's. They may have remedied that problem, I'm not sure.

I actually bought two of the P22's and gave one to my daughter as her first pistol. She likes it and shoots it often. Price of the ammo is great for young people. They need to shoot a lot to get used to the pistol and the cheaper ammo makes that possible.

I've got the red and green lasers for mine. They slip right on the rail and fit perfectly underneath and out of the way. The red is great for night but the green works much better in daylight. I plan to pay my $200.00 for the tax stamp and wait the 6 months-to-whenever to get a suppressor for it. (They already have threaded barrels) Just need to start researching which suppressor is best buy for it.

firstchoice

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »
OK, I bought my first choice. Ruger MK IV bull barrel (threaded).

I looked at several others but for now I wanted the threaded barrel option first. The ease of take down also was a big part in my decision. I will pick up other options in the future so I will still be studying some of the gems you all shared. Thanks

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »
Even a nice Browning would work, I have a Browning Nomad, wonderful shooter.. I really like my High Standards and Colts... actually I'm looking at a Colt Challenger now, to go with the Targetsman and Woodsman I have, a H&R Sportsman and an Iver Johnson Sealed 8, a Ruger 50th year MkII, and some others.

I admit.. I am not a Ruger person... but I like revolvers, and they offer choices... 22LR or 22WMR

Even Commie rimfires are fun.. Russian IZH-35M....... yeah it's an Izhevsk

That Ruger is running 500.00 as well. They are nice shooters though.Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 07:20:14 AM »
OK, I bought my first choice. Ruger MK IV bull barrel (threaded).

I looked at several others but for now I wanted the threaded barrel option first. The ease of take down also was a big part in my decision. I will pick up other options in the future so I will still be studying some of the gems you all shared. Thanks

I think you made a fine choice, it was the one I was going to recommend. Me, I'm tempted to go down to Sullivan Missouri... https://www.armslist.com/posts/11046901/missouri-handguns-for-sale-trade--22-cal--9-shot
This is basically a High Standard Double Nine, and the beauty of these is that unlike the Ruger and Heritage options the cylinder swings out for loading.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »
Just got my MKII back.

It was being fitted for a new holster.
Kinda sorta looks like a P08 or P38 holster, so I can carry a spare mag.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7