Author Topic: Dumb****s at photobucket  (Read 37310 times)

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: Dumb****s at photobucket
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
I guess I should post some pics of the one SKS I have with the Spanish mount....it is really unique.  I have only seen mine and Joes....sucks that its gone, that was the only thread there I would refer to from time to time.

I suppose here, it is less of a devastation....that other place is now so full of holes, it will lose status...and hopefully this site will ultimately prevail...wouldn't that be neat?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2017, 06:56:55 PM »
I dunno, most every site that had a userbase heavily reliant on PB is hit with this one.  We are in much better shape because the FAQs, stickys, etc. are in excellent shape.  General run of the mill old posts are swiss cheese even here though.  Many of mine I can recreate as needed, just a matter of someone pointing out "hey, XYZ thread is missing your photos".   Then I can go in and relink them from a stable image hosting site. 

SKSBoards is screwed as a good majority of their stuff was PB linked.  They will move forward with image hosting, but w/o current commentary on new SKS carbines that show up, they will, in essence, have a pre 7/1/17 and post 7/1/17 set of boards.  The pre boards will be useless for much of anything.  The post  boards will be great if you want to know how to fix your lawn tractor, not so sure what to expect if the noobs asks SKS questions though.  dance2

The real winners out of this whole thing will be SKSguide.  Those pages will not go poof from something as silly as this.  Should be good information for years to come.

PS  I bet PS has those photos on the thumb drive XXX gave him.  Sal, try searching for a file named Receivercoverscopemounts001.jpg  Don't assume those photos are gone forever w/o exploring a third or fourth option! :)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »
I dunno, most every site that had a userbase heavily reliant on PB is hit with this one.  We are in much better shape because the FAQs, stickys, etc. are in excellent shape.  General run of the mill old posts are swiss cheese even here though.  Many of mine I can recreate as needed, just a matter of someone pointing out "hey, XYZ thread is missing your photos".   Then I can go in and relink them from a stable image hosting site. 

SKSBoards is screwed as a good majority of their stuff was PB linked.  They will move forward with image hosting, but w/o current commentary on new SKS carbines that show up, they will, in essence, have a pre 7/1/17 and post 7/1/17 set of boards.  The pre boards will be useless for much of anything.  The post  boards will be great if you want to know how to fix your lawn tractor, not so sure what to expect if the noobs asks SKS questions though.  dance2

The real winners out of this whole thing will be SKSguide.  Those pages will not go poof from something as silly as this.  Should be good information for years to come.

PS  I bet PS has those photos on the thumb drive XXX gave him.  Sal, try searching for a file named Receivercoverscopemounts001.jpg  Don't assume those photos are gone forever w/o exploring a third or fourth option! :)

You'd be surprised at the amount of stuff he had saved. What am I looking for?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »
a picture on the thumb drive named Receivercoverscopemounts001.jpg....  should then find the other corresponding pics near it, likely ending in 002,003,004 etc.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
a picture on the thumb drive named Receivercoverscopemounts001.jpg....  should then find the other corresponding pics near it, likely ending in 002,003,004 etc.

Nothing come up under that... what is the part I'm looking for? What's special about it? There's a bunch of different scope mounts and receiver covers in there.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »
Sounds like you should make a sticky like Joes we just lost

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2017, 10:47:55 PM »
Sal. Go to this thread and see if you recognize something from Joe's descriptions.

Joe must have changed the names to upload them.  There's at least 27 of them.

http://www.SKSboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=122099.0

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »
Well looky thar....  An image upload button.   rofl

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2017, 07:48:35 AM »
Well now, thats the cat's meow!   :)
I just have to try it!

Me likey!   thumb1

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 08:42:08 AM »
Testing testing testing......... this is great   clap1

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »

cool, dont even need to sign up

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »

Easy Peasy....friggin sweet!

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 11:54:26 AM »
I will see your SKS and raise with my Toothpick Crossbow!  And yes, it does work!   ;)   :)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:33:01 PM by spongemonkey »

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »

I like!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2017, 01:19:31 AM »
NOICE!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2017, 10:04:48 PM »
Test:

Ha! It's alive! It lives again! Well, I made my case to Photobucket and they apparently have turned my "3rd Party Hosting" capability back on, for who knows how long. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Kind of a funny thing.  :-[   I had written a very "exact" email to PB's "support" back on 07/10/2017 about the new "Terms of Use". I got an email from PB last night, (07/15/17), asking me "How would you rate the support you received?" It was the only thing I had heard back from them.  >:(  To say the least, it earned a return email that was somewhat "terse". I didn't know that they had turned it back on?! Oh well, they deserved most of what I said for causing all this confusion. We'll see if it lasts...

(That's me in the back window of that car, at 10 years old, peering out into my future. We were living in Allen Park, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It was a nice place in '64. A few years later, it was all engulfed in the race riots. We were gone by then, though. My folks had bought that new 1964 Chysler New Yorker off the lot there in Detroit, where it had just been made. I think it had like 12 or 18 miles on the odometer. 6 years and a hundred thousand miles later, I was driving that car to school and work. It was a station wagon, but it was powered by a beast 413ci "Wedge" engine. I remember busting many a Mustang fan-boy's bubble with that old station wagon.  :))  I still can't believe my parents let me take a station wagon on dates.  :) :) ;)  The memories an old picture can bring back! My Mom and Dad, (including us kids, apparently) would drive over into Canada and buy meat because it was so much cheaper there, Dad would pack it under the hood, and return across the border, undeclared! Man, I was a criminal accomplice at a young age! And didn't know it until "I was old enough to know." I remember going across the border, but I had no idea of what was going on! They were trying to make ends meat, (pun intended), but I'm sure glad they didn't get caught.)

firstchoice

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2017, 10:13:14 PM »
Neat photo and no offense but the car closely resembles an Edsel!   :o   :))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:18:48 PM by spongemonkey »

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »
Neat photo and no offense but the car closely resembles an Edsel!   :o   :))

Yeah, but at 16yo, it was beautiful, it was mobile, and it was mine to drive!  :)  I wish I had that old thing like it was in '64. Detroit steel.

firstchoice