Author Topic: Fun question ?  (Read 15824 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Fun question ?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
Hmmm...pare down to one SKS for what purpose?

One to keep for...A shooter? My M. Never a hiccup. Not afraid to get a scratch on it. Never failed me and easy to hit with.

firstchoice

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:22:22 AM by firstchoice »

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »
Just too many to choose from. Actually, just no way that I am going to pare down to one SKS, anyway. Not now. It's too late for me. The disease is too far along and no going back now.  :)
 firstchoice

I am feeling the same way,makes me wonder if there is such a addiction as a SKS-AHOLLIC ?
 wacko1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
Just too many to choose from. Actually, just no way that I am going to pare down to one SKS, anyway. Not now. It's too late for me. The disease is too far along and no going back now.  :)
 firstchoice

I am feeling the same way,makes me wonder if there is such a addiction as a SKS-AHOLLIC ?
 wacko1

Oh.. ain't no damn disease technically. Call it what it is, your "addicted", like a crack whore, a meth head, a powder puffer, a wino. This board and others enables you, your LGS, GunBroker, any retailer is your supplier, headshop, pusher.  Just say it...go ahead, deny it, thats one of the first symptoms, DENIAL!!

Followed by Impulsivity.. I can prove this one also.... Can you walk into a LGS or gunshow and not touch anything, especially an SKS, you even pick up a box of over priced x39, just to feel the connection chuckles1 :o
Compulsion to use... you shoot it don't ya, at least one per range trip, if you don't, you pull it out and rub it, stroke it, maybe even clean it, because you feel guilty you didn't take it and shoot it.
Loss of control... you see a SKS from a distance... your first urdge, above all else at that moment, your foot could be on fire, but the urdge to want to go look at it, and see what it is supersedes that foot of fire..

Now, I can keep going. :)  So, go ahead and get mad ya buncha crack heads, your addicted :P... cause anger,  is just another sign rofl2 chuckles1  chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
I believe you'll find it cited in DSM-5* under: Simonov Syndrome, often presenting with obsessive-compulsive complications. No known treatment. Palliative measures include administration of capsules of 7.62x39mm and occupational therapy through regular sessions of punching holes in paper.

* "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition"

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »
I don't know if I can pick just one...  but some of mine are definitely favored over others.

Even though it's the least traditional looking, my Parka Para is definitely the funnest to shoot. It's very comfortable and light, and doesn't miss a beat.

Very closely behind that, is the Polytech Hunter. It really is a work of art, and man does it shoot smooth.

Of course the AK mag guns are pretty sweet, although the MC5D and Type 84 are definitely on the bottom of that list because of their mag release design.

And my original military versions are hard to beat as well, being pretty much bulletproof and having those cool bayos hanging off the front.

:) :) :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »
I believe you'll find it cited in DSM-5* under: Simonov Syndrome, often presenting with obsessive-compulsive complications. No known treatment. Palliative measures include administration of capsules of 7.62x39mm and occupational therapy through regular sessions of punching holes in paper.

* "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition"

rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 07:37:52 PM »
 firstchoice

wacko1

Oh.. ain't no damn disease technically. Call it what it is, your "addicted", like a crack whore, a meth head, a powder puffer, a wino. This board and others enables you, your LGS, GunBroker, any retailer is your supplier, headshop, pusher.  Just say it...go ahead, deny it, thats one of the first symptoms, DENIAL!!

Followed by Impulsivity.. I can prove this one also.... Can you walk into a LGS or gunshow and not touch anything, especially an SKS, you even pick up a box of over priced x39, just to feel the connection chuckles1 :o
Compulsion to use... you shoot it don't ya, at least one per range trip, if you don't, you pull it out and rub it, stroke it, maybe even clean it, because you feel guilty you didn't take it and shoot it.
Loss of control... you see a SKS from a distance... your first urdge, above all else at that moment, your foot could be on fire, but the urdge to want to go look at it, and see what it is supersedes that foot of fire..

Now, I can keep going. :)  So, go ahead and get mad ya buncha crack heads, your addicted :P... cause anger,  is just another sign rofl2 chuckles1  chuckles1

This is too real how did you know all that ?
I'm surprised the Pawn shops around here don't charge me a fondling fee ?
 cry2

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
If I must pick one, it would be my 1949 Russian

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:29 PM »
I'm leaning toward this I picked it up off the GB a year and a half ago.
It's a handy little SKS legal in all 50 states (at this time)
Another problem I seem to have is almost every time I set out to find a beater SKS I end up finding a pristine one instead !
 rofl
    http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=421.0

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »
Every time I make up my mind to thin out the herd I take one out look at it for two days then put it back because I just can't do it !
 cry2
They have attached themselves to me !
http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=769.0

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »
So then I tried to go at it from a different angel !
I pulled out the old beater (rust bucket) and looked at it for two agonizing days !
Could I part with it ?
No
Woh is me I'm a SKS-Aholic is there a cure ?

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=787.0

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »

Woh is me I'm a SKS-Aholic is there a cure ?

I gave you the cure, just a few days ago thumb1

Easy solution... so easy a cave man could do it.. :)

Go buy another SKS, so you don't over complicate your life and pop a brain vessel worrying about trivial things like which "one" you would choose. rinse and repeat as needed  thumb1

Parantly you didn't heed my advice, so now your all back to popping a brain vessel.. stressing, so lets try a little something different shall we,

Now go...find a M59, a SKS45, a Type 56-1 or a Model 56..my personal favorite..  :)  Any one of those will knock down the DT's and shaking fits your suffering from. When those fits return, find another.. different variants give different lengths of relief, for instance, an example on how some of the fellas find relief:
Me or CorrectDirection, the Model 56
Carbine definitely a SKS45 man right thar
xxxsks and PowerSurge, any commercial Type bla bla bork buzz  rofl
SKhiSm 59-66A1, well he is a M59-M59-66 fella
LooseCannon usually a "D" any of the above, but he has a weakness for Type 56s
ArmedHippy and P32 depends on their mood, Hippy trends Type 56, P32 whatever he can get his grubby paws on chuckles1
No one really favors the lowly Type 56-1, maybe RM in a way, but anyway, most of us have them, there just ain't many to choose from.

You just gotta find your fix...will it be Type 56(meth), SKS45(crack), Model 56(pot), Type 56-1(acid) or M59(heroin) rofl2 rofl2 chuckles1

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »

Find a fix ?
OK
Hi ho hi ho it's off to the Pawn Shops I go !
Thanks Greasemonky I feel much better now, I think ?
 think1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »
You just gotta find your fix...will it be Type 56(meth), SKS45(crack), Model 56(pot), Type 56-1(acid) or M59(heroin) rofl2 rofl2 chuckles1

SKS types as mood altering chemicals  think1 that's a new metaphor  :))  I think you hit it spot on with the Albanian as LSD, with the distorted mag, handguard and charging handle...kind of looks like: "this is your SKS, this is your SKS on acid"  chuckles1

However, I take exception to the SKS-45 as crack  bat1  I really think the traditional drug vodka (Ural Mountain Moonshine?) would be more appropriate Jimmy-ski  rofl

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
Acid you mean LSD-25 ?
I thought they stopped making that stuff in the 1970's ?
 rofl

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 06:25:19 PM »
You just gotta find your fix...will it be Type 56(meth), SKS45(крокодил), Model 56(pot), Type 56-1(acid) or M59(heroin) rofl2 rofl2 chuckles1

SKS types as mood altering chemicals  think1 that's a new metaphor  :))  I think you hit it spot on with the Albanian as LSD, with the distorted mag, handguard and charging handle...kind of looks like: "this is your SKS, this is your SKS on acid"  chuckles1

However, I take exception to the SKS-45 as crack  bat1  I really think the traditional drug vodka (Ural Mountain Moonshine?) would be more appropriate Jimmy-ski  rofl

The Albanian and LSD... rofl     Hey Dog, did you see the size of that handguard? rofl2 rofl2

Ok.. everybody is a critic.. ya bunch a crackheads rofl  how about....

SKS45 Afgan opium or, go all out.... krokodil  :o  or in Russian: крокодил  thumb1

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »
I think I'm gonna need some kind of therapy after this.   :o

Offline 70Swinger440

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
My choice for my shooter would be my /416\ Public Security. For condition, my 99% mint, unfired /26\ 24 million, with "tickler" handguard. For investment, my unfired, still in Cosmoline PolyTech SKS Hunter.

There is no known cure for this addiction.
Arsenal /26\ 10 million, 24 million
Arsenal /636\
Arsenal /306\
Arsenal /416\ Public Security
'79 M21 0296
Navy Arms Sharpshooter /26\ 11 million
Poly Tech SKS Hunter #00737
'89 SKS Sporter
'51 Tula
'75 Yugo M59/66A1