Author Topic: The SKS Stripper Clip  (Read 9447 times)

Offline Chevy Boy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
Re: The SKS Stripper Clip
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2021, 05:52:28 PM »
Are those BXN stripper clips any good? I’ve been advised they were not made for the SKS and may be a little too wide to fit in an SKS correctly.
I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona, you buy that I'll throw in the golden gate for free

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 06:47:56 PM »
I believe the BXN strippers were Czech or Yugo made by Sellier & Bellot.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »
Czech, they can be tight in some SKSs, but fit good in others, there can be little variances in clip guides and clips. They are used in a Vz52-Vz58.. and yes, if they fit the particular SKS.. they work really good. I've loaded 30rds from strippers into my Vz58 many times.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Chevy Boy

• Cadet
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
Czech, they can be tight in some SKSs, but fit good in others, there can be little variances in clip guides and clips. They are used in a Vz52-Vz58.. and yes, if they fit the particular SKS.. they work really good. I've loaded 30rds from strippers into my Vz58 many times.

Huh. So if I’m reading this right, they only work  for certain models of SKS but not others due to inconsistencies in the clips?
I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona, you buy that I'll throw in the golden gate for free

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2021, 10:27:23 PM »

Huh. So if I’m reading this right, they only work  for certain models of SKS but not others due to inconsistencies in the clips?

More, they were designed for Eastern European weapons that are chambered in the 7.62x39 and there are inconsistencies in the SKSs that people use them on. In other words, it's probably the Asian weapons that have issues because of Tolerance differences and QC in manufacturing of the SKS and AK platforms
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »
I have one Chinese they work fine in, another Chinese they fit tight.  Technically, they were not developed for the SKS.. it just so happens they fit the x45 and x39 cartridge and happen to fit most SKSs.  The Czechs did not bow and use the SKS or AK design... they roll differently, a true commie rebel of the time.  chuckles1

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
The Czechs did not bow and use the SKS or AK design... they roll differently, a true commie rebel of the time.  chuckles1

Likely the only time that being a commie rebel was a good thing.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Chevy Boy

• Cadet
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2022, 10:21:28 PM »
Does anybody have any information on the stripper clips marked "CTC"?

Are they commercial, milsurp? Anybody have experience using them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254900586561

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »
Never seen that stamp on a clip before, but vaguely recall something like that on older Russian ammo boxes. Chinese have been historically stamped with numbers if anything so more than likely Russian.

As long as they aren't newer Chinese they'll probably be okay.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2022, 11:04:21 AM »
Thats a new one.. I almost lean towards modern reproduction.. out of the few hundred strippers I have Yugo, Czech, Chinese(milsurp), Russian.. none are blued and stamped like that. They are all parkerized finished.  The blued strippers have always ended up in the trash, they just typically don't work smoothly.

Typically Russian strippers have this stamp or something similar

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »
I've had both old Chinese milsurp (arsenal stamped, but not 31/(31).) and Russian that were blued. Both worked fine, but I agree most blued are newer Chinese semi functional at best.

Offline Chevy Boy

• Cadet
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2022, 02:38:24 PM »
Thats a new one.. I almost lean towards modern reproduction.. out of the few hundred strippers I have Yugo, Czech, Chinese(milsurp), Russian.. none are blued and stamped like that. They are all parkerized finished.  The blued strippers have always ended up in the trash, they just typically don't work smoothly.

Typically Russian strippers have this stamp or something similar

Interesting…I’ve got a couple dozen of those 3TK strippers that are blued. Never seen one that was parkerized.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
All of the blued ones I've come across had no markings.. and usually didn't work well at all and even felt flimsy. I also use SKS strippers to load or top off both of my Vz58s.... aka.. the BXN Czech strippers at times.. yup.. the SKS stripper isn't just used exclusively on SKSs... shoving 30rds into that rifle brings out weaknesses in clips very fast compared to the single 10rd shove in an SKS.