Author Topic: Value of NIB norinco  (Read 1626 times)

Offline 240sleeper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Value of NIB norinco
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »
After looking at a few threads it appears this is a military Norinco imported by kSports.

I am considering selling my gun but would like an accurate value and background of it. I believe it to be a numbers matching preban norinco sks. It is unshot, in the original box with all original accessories. If I am wrong on my info or need more info to determine value please let me know.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Value of NIB norinco
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 03:08:48 PM »
It's more than a NORINCO. It's a Kengs long barreled Sporter with the nowhere rail. As a commercial model, they're kinda rare. I'd sit on $500 if you don't need the ducat$ right now. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline 240sleeper

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »
thanks for the info, I have a few interested but im not hard up for cash so would rather find out exactly what it is. any other relevant info you might be able to give me? year of production? approx. amount produced? or other info that will help in the future. youre reply is much appreciated

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »
As a commercial production variant, they're very rare, but of value only to someone who collects commercial models. To a general first time SKS buyer, not appealing because no bayo. I'd scarf it up and it would fill a hole for me, except Kali's got everything a mess right now. PAX

Look here:
http://chinesesks.weebly.com/commercial.html
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Gloyid

• Cadet
  • We're gonna need a bigger safe...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:28 PM »
So that's what mine SHOULD look like...haha
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training."
-Archilochus

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »
So that's what mine SHOULD look like...haha

Close, but no cleaning rod or neutered bayo lug. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline 240sleeper

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 01:50:51 AM »
Thanks allot for the info. I’d be lost trying to find the different variations and whatnot. I’m guessing they’ll go up in value as they can’t be imported anymore, so I might just keep it for now. I also have a NIB (although looks factory refurbished)Russian w/bayonet. I believe numbers matching as well but I’ll ask in the Russian part of the forum. Here’s a pic

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:57:23 AM by 240sleeper »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »
It's more than a NORINCO. It's a Kengs long barreled Sporter with the nowhere rail. As a commercial model, they're kinda rare. I'd sit on $500 if you don't need the ducat$ right now. PAX

PAX, I think you're mistaken about KSI being Keng's.  KSI stands for K-Sports Imports out of Pomona, CA.  Keng's is shortened to KFS (Keng's Firearms Specialty) and is based out of Atlanta, GA. 

KSI = rail to no where, stealth para, parka para, hunters, etc.
Keng's = Nice public security stamped guns & PU scoped guns.

We've always called this gun in the OP's post a KSI Hunter which is a 20.5" rifle with a neutred bayo lug (as opposed to a KSI para hunter with 16" barrel and truly neutered FSB).

Offline B.B. Babington

• Newber
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:16:54 PM »
Purdy