Author Topic: GB listings for August, 2015 - Romanian  (Read 3813 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for August, 2015 - Romanian
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
Only 3 Romys this month. $350.00 low, $500 high, $422.00 avg.

Please let me know any feedback (good or bad) to these.

-RM

Item Link   Description   # Bids   Final Price   Year   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   RM's Notes

499791474   Romanian SKS 7.62x39 NO RESERVE   16   $416.00    1960   Refurbished   Good   Hard to tell if the stock has been worked on or not with all that shine.  I'm tempted to say not, but then that danged white fill of the S/N stampings really makes me think the worst.  Either way, refurb stock and a decent buy.  Lots of bidding on this one.

501355953   Romanian SKS all matching   1   $350.00    1960   Refurbished   Good   Pretty nice looking gun and the deal of the month price-wise.  I almost thought the stock was Russian until I saw the right side of it. 

503402254   Romanian Model 56 SKS Blade Bayonet 1958   4   $500.00    1958   Refurbished   Good   Decent looking '58 here.  Stock is a blank replacement, but overall it's in good shape.  I didn't think Romy refurbs were breaking the $500 mark, but there you go.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:04:53 PM by running-man »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: GB listings for August, 2015 - Romanian
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
Dang...

Yeah, first one on the list received a fresh coat of Tung-oil or similar for sure.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:59:41 PM »
I'm beginning to believe that getting a full set of Romys with original undickered stocks is as hard if not harder than getting a full set of as-issued Ruskies....

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »
I'm beginning to believe that getting a full set of Romys with original undickered stocks is as hard if not harder than getting a full set of as-issued Ruskies....

Good, I got my full set, if nothing else, I got the Romanians covered.  Except that no date bastard, which I would gladly sacrifice a Russian for one, Russians are everywhere anyways.. :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »
It always amazes me when the seller  discribes his rifle as all matching. Notice in the second sale in the line up that sold for 350. Here it is below and can someone help me understand ?

this is an all matching SKS. The stock does not look to be matching but all the metal parts are. it is in its original configuration. the bluing is in very nice condition. the bore is shiny clean with great rifling. rofl

I just want to give that guy a big hug  ::)

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:36 AM »
Maybe he thinks all matching means metal only, matching wood is an option. thumb1

And this...the bore is shiny clean with great rifling, huh, imagine that. It's chrome lined, how many chrome bore SKS listings have you ever seen, it's a total turd pipe, rusted, pitted and a total smooth bore, or this bore is so slap worn out, when fired, the bullet just bounces down the bore like a hotdog thrown down a hallway. rofl.  Maybe one in 5 years or more, simply due to negligance and/or shear ignorance.

Shiny, bright clean and good rifling is like the one absolute garanteed defacto line in any and every chrome bore SKS sale ad.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »
It always amazes me when the seller  discribes his rifle as all matching. Notice in the second sale in the line up that sold for 350. Here it is below and can someone help me understand ?

this is an all matching SKS. The stock does not look to be matching but all the metal parts are. it is in its original configuration. the bluing is in very nice condition. the bore is shiny clean with great rifling. rofl

I just want to give that guy a big hug  ::)
Wish I had a nickel an SKS for every time I've seen these phrases: all matching but..., all matching except..., original configuration with mismatched ____ ..., unfired, new in box (refurbed Russian in a box with English lettering)  chuckles1