Author Topic: Price check on my '50  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Price check on my '50
« on: November 01, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »
Got a guy wanting to trade his Ruger PC9 for my '50 Tula. I'm going to want cash added obviously (or a bunch of ammo and mags), but how much is my question.
I am finding new PC9s on GB OTD at $550 and used ones under $500. AM I smokin' something to think I need almost double that value on my Tula? Pics below reflects the current scrubbed laminated stock, but I am swapping it out for a scrubbed hardwood stock and saving the laminate one for my daughter's SKS in case she needs it swapped out from the Tapco it is in due to .gov interference.
It IS a heavy refurb with a scrubbed stock and non-matching mag, but everything else matches and is era correct. It will come with 2 black ammo pouches w/Russian clips, black early stitched sling, the black canvas drop case. All to give it the Navy look.

OR, am I nuts for even thinking about getting rid of it? I do still have my Israeli Capture and my '59 letter gun as well as a Chinese I customized for hunting with. I have been wanting a PCC though.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: Price check on my '50
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »
You could buy a Ruger PC9 any day of the week from a dealer.
How long would it take to replace a 50 in that condition.
Don't.
Der Naval Commissar is in town...NO NO NO

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 10:57:45 PM »
Don't.

You surprise me Justin, I figured you'd be saying 'NO, sell it to me first' :)) :))

Seriously though, after I posted I started having major second thoughts about it. I doubt I would ever come up with a setup like this again. Especially since a few of the accessories came direct from the former USSR.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 10:58:21 PM »
I have been wanting a PCC though.

think1   Is the need greater than the want.. or the want greater than the need.. a 9mm is a 9mm.. they've been made everyday since 1908..  I say.. your just nuts... and or you just want a wonderful case of sellers remorse..  thumb1  :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 11:17:30 PM »
I have been wanting a PCC though.

think1   Is the need greater than the want.. or the want greater than the need.. a 9mm is a 9mm.. they've been made everyday since 1908..  I say.. your just nuts... and or you just want a wonderful case of sellers remorse..  thumb1  :)

I have been told I am nuts, but that's on a completely different subject.  dance2

All I have right now are SKSs, but haven't been working so $$ is a little tight. I am wanting a PCC more for HD as I am not into pistols and the wife is more at ease with a carbine whereas a shotgun is still a little too much for her. I had a .410, but it was a single shot so I passed it on to the grandson. My thought was I could easily get a shotgun, the PCC and mags and ammo for both with the sale of the '50. The more I think about it though the less I want to part with it. Maybe I'll just sell the wife and be done with it. chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 07:03:50 AM »
I agree with Justin.

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 10:30:08 AM »
Maybe I'll just sell the wife and be done with it. chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1

Good luck with that  rofl

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 01:08:52 PM »
Don't.

You surprise me Justin, I figured you'd be saying 'NO, sell it to me first' :)) :))

Seriously though, after I posted I started having major second thoughts about it. I doubt I would ever come up with a setup like this again. Especially since a few of the accessories came direct from the former USSR.

I would love to have it, but I would just have to hear all the belly aching about the sellers remorse.  rofl2

Seriously though...this years earnings are on par with last year....less than $1k total.  I couldn't bring myself to buy a real front sight post right now...at least I have a black plastic one. :)
We screwed ourselves out of a little nest egg doing some major repairs on the wife's Subaru, by the credit issuing company giving us six months interest free as opposed to the usual 2 years.  The wife nearly killed the damn thing by almost hitting a bear this morning.
I don't even like that car, but I am gonna be stressing about that thing for years to come...now.

With inflation the way it is though, what I am paying for a head gasket (total engine rebuild on Subarus) now, will probably be how much an oil change will cost in two years.  :o

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 03:51:20 PM »
Yeah, I haven't worked since end of July and that income was only $1K/month so I understand, which is part of the reason I had the thought of the trade. Just need to have patience I guess.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge fellas. chuckles1 chuckles1