Author Topic: Mossberg 464 SPX  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6
Mossberg 464 SPX
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Ugliest lever action of all time or kinda cool ?

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Mossberg 464 SPX
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:37:20 PM »
Cannon no like

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »
This proves it, never let John Wayne and Marilyn Manson cooperatively design a rifle. rofl2

Kinda makes me wanna go hug my Henrys.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
But it's tactical. That makes it better right? Doesn't tactical bacon taste better than regular old boring bacon?
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
But it's tactical. That makes it better right? Doesn't tactical bacon taste better than regular old boring bacon?

Sounds plausible, wait, ya don't mess with bacon bat1, bacon is like air and water, essence for life rofl2

Hey it saves all the Winchesters, Henrys, Marlins from having rails, 97 position adjustable stocks and lasers from being installed. I wonder if I can get a flash hider mounted on my octagon 44 Mag lever action :o  rofl

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »

Sounds plausible, wait, ya don't mess with bacon bat1, bacon is like air and water, essence for life rofl2

Hey it saves all the Winchesters, Henrys, Marlins from having rails, 97 position adjustable stocks and lasers from being installed. I wonder if I can get a flash hider mounted on my octagon 44 Mag lever action :o  rofl

Sure, just bring it by bubba's house and he will be glad to tack weld one on for ya.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 12:07:17 PM »
I like the general idea.... just dont care for the funky collapsible stock.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
I thought the same thing when I first saw the Archangel Mosin stock

I think I like the parkerized finish and  fiber optic sights because I just never liked most buckhorn style sights.
A muzzle brake might make it more "friendly" for women or youngsters to shoot but .30-30 Win is not exactly a hard recoiling round anyway.
Three rails are a little pointless and I could take or leave the telescoping stock but it might be useful for short people.

No doubt the fact that the classic lever action .30-30 rifle is an American iconic firearm and the reason people get upset when they see it changed from it's classic look.

I will admit I now own one  silly1
Picked it up used but is in new unfired condition W/box off a local Facebook trader board.
I'm guessing the original owner was shamed into selling it  :)) and after the third price drop I bought it.
It was a face to face sale for $325 and included 4 boxes of Federal .30-30 ammo.
Overall it's still a useful hunting rifle with some features that are a little more for show than practical use.
Might be fun to unscrew the muzzle brake and put on a "solvent trap" adapter oil filter :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:36:17 PM by Garand1957 »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
I don't know, maybe I'm not understanding it.  Somebody splane it to me chuckles1

Archangel Mosin stock runs around 150, a Mosin about the same, add a scope and mount. another 100-150.

or just go buy a Mossberg 100ATR .308 Winchester Bolt-Action Rifle with Scope for 300 or so bucks.

An up to date, modern commonly found cartridge with a fluted free floated barrel, adjustable trigger..  It, in theory should shoot circles around an almost 120 year old design and cartridge in stock form.

You can put a pig in a dress, at the end of the night, it's still a.....pig.

In regards to the tacticool lever............what would the Duke do?

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
Screw the duke.    bat1

Arch Angle has a detachable mag.....  and its tactical.     thumb1

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »
I will admit for the MSRP on this rifle there is no way in hell I would even think about it.
But after the value of 4 boxes of .30-30 ammo I picked up a like new rifle for a pretty damn good price and worth the fun and strange looks I'm going to get at the range shooting it .
Figure I will play with it for a while and sell it for a profit.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »
I'm not saying it's junk or anything I guess I just don't understand the pairing of tactical with lever action. I mean tactical weapons are for a specific purpose which is typically a military or law enforcement type of use. I don't know where a lever action makes sense in those scenarios.

Now, if you just really like a lever gun and want to use it for hog hunting so you want a rail for a light and an adjustable stock so your son, daughter, wife, whomever can use it comfortably then I guess I can see it. Certainly if you got a great deal on it I can't argue with that.

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
Trust me I'm with you Carl
I wasn't really attracted to the rifle but the price.
They sell new for around $425 on Gunbroker.com
The .30-30 ammo is worth about $18 a box X 4 boxes $72
Got the rifle with ammo for $325 so I figure I paid about $250 for a like new rifle in the box.
For that price I can see past the looks and have some fun with it.
Pretty sure with out much trouble I can shoot the ammo, have some fun and maybe even hunt with it.
Then sell it for what I paid later.
I have to admit I have had some pretty good luck buying and selling guns and hunting stuff on these local state Facebook trader boards.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I've done pretty decent in the handful of transactions I have done like that too. Plus trying different guns is fun, if you get to make a few bucks along the way or at least not lose any, that's great. I have bought a couple of guns I didn't want but the prices were right and I made good money on them. I'm sure lots of guys here do the same.