Author Topic: #61 Long Barrel  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
#61 Long Barrel
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:29:43 PM »
Well I'll join the club too, everyone else is playing. thumb1

GM has a Yugo M59 Long Barrel now too..

Thats all you get...  bat1

Ok here, didn't figure I'd get away with that rofl

Are ya board yet?  Breathe, go get a samitch and a coffee if you need too. rofl2 
Well arighty then, just a few more  thumb1

And finally a family shot.. Long Barrel, "B" series, "C" series and a "H" series M59/66.

Ok, now the boring fine print stuff.  ;)
Well, somewhere out in the world is M59 #116,  bat1  Where, oh where is it?   It has a Samco import stamp with a ZCZ suffix, guess RM will speculate what that hoopla means?  No Numbers on the carrier, gas tube, piston or rear sight. The bolt matches, box mag is #116, trigger guard matches, stock matches. It has the cool purplish color receiver like my beat to death "C" series M59. The barrel measures 22 inches, has the adjustable front sight and the cleaning kit in the stock.. And as an added bonus, it's coated in the most wonderful slimy yucky slick'em, and it smells sooooo good. The house reeks of Yugo, and momma is bat1 bat1banana time  thumb1
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:55:22 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: #61 Long Barrel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »
She's a beaut GM.  Really nice score there, and one of the old imports to boot!  thumb1

I was going to say you had a newly seen import stamp, but then I got to looking close at the M59 Samco stamp I've already got and the ZCZ is right there.  The stamps are identical save for the placement of the ZCZ which honestly looks like an afterthought.

The stamp was put there to satisfy:
Quote from: 27 CFR §478.92
§478.92 How must licensed manufacturers and licensed importers identify firearms, armor piercing ammunition, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices?
(a)(1) Firearms. You, as a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer of firearms, must legibly identify each firearm manufactured or imported as follows:
(i) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame or receiver thereof an individual serial number. The serial number must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed, and must not duplicate any serial number placed by you on any other firearm. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch; and
(ii) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch. The additional information includes:
(A) The model, if such designation has been made;
(B) The caliber or gauge;
(C) Your name (or recognized abbreviation) and also, when applicable, the name of the foreign manufacturer;
(D) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business; and
(E) In the case of an imported firearm, the name of the country in which it was manufactured and the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the importer maintain your place of business. For additional requirements relating to imported firearms, see Customs regulations at 19 CFR part 134.

The SAMCO satisfies 1/2 of part C
The MIA FL satisfies 1/2 of part E
The M59 satisfies part A
The YUGO satisfies the other 1/2 of part E
The 7.62x39 satisfies part B
and finally the ZCZ almost certainly stands for "Zavodi Crvena Zastava" which would satisfy the other 1/2 of part C  thumb1

Pretty neat gun though, the plum receivers are spiffy!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »
No tellin...  116 may not even be an LB.  dntknw1

Looks great man.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »
What's the highest LB we've seen LC? (Minus the oddball B's/C's with the long barrel and std front sight)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
092...   John Galt

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »
Nothing like waking up in the morning to the smell of trench perfume  :) Nice pick up GM. Not sure if your going to ever shoot it but I would bet these tigers are as accurate as little brother if not more acurate..  clap1

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »
That is so awesome. Congrats man, super jeally.

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:07:05 PM »
Nice one GM!  I like it! 
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
Congratulations GM, very nice!  thumb1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)