Author Topic: Post up your ccw!  (Read 19335 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Post up your ccw!
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »
Mine's a OD Gen 3 Glock 26, that's in 9mm. I keep it with the factory 10 rounder with pinky extender.

My backup mag is a glock 17 mag, that'll hold 17 rounds, with an X-Grip attached for full grip. Which I love. Just in case the Koreans invade & 10 don't do it.

Aaaaand since I know most of you milsurp fans love steel & wood, I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Post yours up!

Offline Crazyone

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • This won't hurt a bit!
Re: Post up your ccw!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
OK--You have to bear with me and the cell phone pics--I call it progression--
Right after I got my CCW--I went out and plunked down a bunch of Cash on a miniature .380--well that didn't work out too well so I plunked down some more cash and got a XD9---

That was ok but a bit bulky to hide on my skinny frame although it is comfortable to fire either right or left handed!  THEN the guy at the gun store said that in Kansas if you shoot someone even legally with a CCW that the chances are slim you will ever get your gun back so I went out and--yea--again and got this neat-inexpensive Keltec P3at--comfortable-dependable- and I can stuff it in my jeans pocket without much noticeable bulge--currently my CCW--

But I listened to a few arguments and decided I needed a backup so I got this Romanian TT-C in 7.62 x 25

And then a local  auxiliary cop pissed me off so I got this for my OPEN CARRY--trying to find a good western holster for my T-Rex S&W 500 mag/8 3/8" barrel--now you know why they call me the crazy one!
   thumb1 thumb1

Give me your poor-your broke-your homeless-Blued & Birch Letter guns and your DDR/Liski's !

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:05:19 PM »
haha nice collection! Now you have to wear ALL of them at once and I'll be even more impressed!  rofl2

I too changed my ccw because of the same reason, they can pretty much hold your gun indefinitely, and I dont like that. I saved and saved and saved for a Colt 1911 New Agent with Tritium sights.. Cost me $1100. And then I heard on 1130 AM (conservative radio in my area) talk about how people are PO'd because they aren't getting their guns back after incidents. One guy waited two years and still hadn't gotten it back.

Yeah.. No thanks..

So I sold the Colt for a tiiiny profit  wink1 and got this run of the mill Glock that I'm trying not to get too attached to. My dad carried around his S&M .38 Detective Special his dad owned and carried when he was a cop, until he heard about never getting it back.. from that day on he stopped carrying it.

Quite the shame, anyhow,

How do you like the XD? I've heard good things..

Offline Crazyone

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • This won't hurt a bit!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:23:38 PM »
 :) Really it is an early one but the minute I picked it up--it just fits!  It is so comfortable and as I said I can shoot darn near as good left handed as I do right handed.  I have a S&W smv9w or something like that but it's not near as comfortable.  I have an old S&W 38 special revolver--I think it's a model 10-5 that  my wife carried when she was a cop, it has a spot next to the Colt Trooper 357 of mine that has got to be the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. all that's left on my want list is a Nagant 1895 and maybe a 1911 ($$$). Heck--I'll try anything once-- :)) :)) that's why they gave me the name crazyone a long time ago--of course it didn't help that I drove figure 8 cars at the time
Give me your poor-your broke-your homeless-Blued & Birch Letter guns and your DDR/Liski's !

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
:) Really it is an early one but the minute I picked it up--it just fits!  It is so comfortable and as I said I can shoot darn near as good left handed as I do right handed.  I have a S&W smv9w or something like that but it's not near as comfortable.  I have an old S&W 38 special revolver--I think it's a model 10-5 that  my wife carried when she was a cop, it has a spot next to the Colt Trooper 357 of mine that has got to be the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. all that's left on my want list is a Nagant 1895 and maybe a 1911 ($$$). Heck--I'll try anything once-- :)) :)) that's why they gave me the name crazyone a long time ago--of course it didn't help that I drove figure 8 cars at the time

Haha cool beans, good to know that's another person that likes XD's.. I may have to give one a chance some day. And a Colt trooper ey? I had borrowed an old coworkers Colt Trooper .357 a few years back and gave it a try.. What an awesome gun. Could have had it for $400 at the time but decided to go with my Uncle's 3-Screw SA Ruger Blackhawk in .357 for a steal of $275. I have a special spot in my heart for single actions and I just had to have one.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »
These aren't considered to be "enough gun" by a lot of guys, but they were good enough for the commies for many years.  Sooo, I guess I'm strapped if I ever have to shoot a communist.
I've got mopowerfuller pistols, but I don't really have mopackable pistols.  That holster is very sweet, and rides comfortably, and the Mak and I shoot very well together.  jd

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »
Very cool! Hey, I can think of a lot of other guns/calibers I'd rather not have than yours... trust me. It's "enough gun" IMO and sexy as hell too.

And isn't it great to have such a special connection with a pistol to where you can hit almost anything you point at (within range of course)? Took me a little bit to get comfortable with the Glock but now i'm so comfortable & fast with the gun I feel very confident carrying it around.

If only it was possible to carry around my .357 mag Blackhawk.. I'm dangerous with that thing.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Crazyone

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • This won't hurt a bit!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
 :)) :))  Know what you mean--my son carries a Taurus 357 mag revolver with a 2" barrel----loaded with snake shot !!!  Not sure it would be real deadly but at 20-30 feet I sure don't think I would want to get hit with it !!  He figures it will leave a more lasting memory --

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 11:17:51 PM »
:)) :))  Know what you mean--my son carries a Taurus 357 mag revolver with a 2" barrel----loaded with snake shot !!!  Not sure it would be real deadly but at 20-30 feet I sure don't think I would want to get hit with it !! He figures it will leave a more lasting memory --

Yup! No thanks! That'd leave a mark or two.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
My car gun is a Glock 31C, I removed the compensated barrel, it has a standard G31 .357 Sig barrel in it. My first ccw way back when, was the S&W 639. My two typical house and apartment pistols are a Cz82 and Polish P64.  The P64 also doubles as my carry weapon. The Cz52 and Yugo M57, I don't think I would try. :)

I know alot of people have a distaste for the P64, mine is a joy to shoot, and accurate as hell. And it has never once malfunctioned on anything I've fed it. thumb1

Mommas little toy, she has a Cz82 as well.

His and hers Cz82s, they were bought a year apart, and only 54 difference in serial. :o
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »
well... I will share mine.. and I realize I am opening the door for lots of off comments, and honestly just punishment :)  but I carry a Hi-Point C9.  I have shot it a lot, it always goes bang and its more accurate than folks give it credit for.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 11:59:21 PM »
If I lived in Detroit, I'd be packing this one.  Fact is, I'm a kind of lazy and inconsistent CCW packer, and I just haven't made the commitment to get strapped with a full sized like this. It is a pretty formidable weapon though and for a guy like me who is used to primarily revolvers and low cap pistols, it just seems to keep shootin and shootin to empty a mag.  jd

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Grease,

Another Glock man! Hurray!  :) Them Cz82's are hot too  thumb1

I've debated getting a P64, but I've always heard of their inaccuracy & poor sights. Am I misinformed or what? Maybe I just need to try one..   ::) 

well... I will share mine.. and I realize I am opening the door for lots of off comments, and honestly just punishment :)  but I carry a Hi-Point C9.  I have shot it a lot, it always goes bang and its more accurate than folks give it credit for.

Nice!  thumb1 I've shot a hipoint.. Goes bang every time & they really are accurate guns.. Not sure why all the hate for them.

@Jd?,

I use to carry around a Glock 17, full size 9mm. Easy to pack in Winter, not so much in warm weather though.

Offline GREASY357

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »
:)

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »
Here is my constant companion, and it's "little" brother...

I like how it fits in the pocket of my work pants, and nobody knows it's there...
One of these days though, I will find a nice holster for my birthday gift from the wife, my Bersa BP9CC. I love that little pistol, and it has the sweetest DAO trigger I have ever felt.

And for the obligatory CZ pic, the twins...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:47:24 PM by Stoned_Oli »

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
:)

Sent from my Nokia 3310

That thing is sharp!!

Here is my constant companion, and it's "little" brother...

I like how it fits in the pocket of my work pants, and nobody knows it's there...
One of these days though, I will find a nice holster for my birthday gift from the wife, my Bersa BP9CC. I love that little pistol, and it has the sweetest DAO trigger I have ever felt.

And for the obligatory CZ pic, the twins...

Beautiful pair!

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Most of the P64 accuracy issues is the stout trigger and the flinch of the snappy recoil. Both can be somewhat tamed with a recoil/trigger spring swap from Wolff springs. I did this on my carry P64, it made it a lot more controllable and a a lot easier on the hand. The other P64, maintains factory springs and swapping between the two, I can tell a difference in my accuracy.

One I have also considered is the Polish equivalent of the Russian/Bulgarian Makarov, the P83 Wanad, cool name ain't it. I have very good luck with it as well, no failures, also it is accurate. Just slightly larger then the P64 and holds 2 more rounds. Nothing between it and the reqular Makarov is shared. And it fixed a lot of the short comings of the P64, better trigger and better grip that's easier on your hand.

Here is a P64 and P83 Wanad.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:39:51 AM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »
Cool beans, Thanks  thumb1

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 02:50:29 PM »
I think that one would be called a Makarov-ski. chuckles1  jd

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »
I rotate several , depending more upon my whim than anything else.  Today, I'm carrying a CS45 in a Lobo #1 OWB pancake holster.  :)

I like guns