Author Topic: Walther Model 5  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Walther Model 5
« on: December 31, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
I found this little pocket pistol at a local pawn shop and had to have it. It's a Walther Model 5, ca. WWI. It's nearly identical to the Model 2 except the Model 5 has a sighting groove and low front post, and the position of the full serial number on the frame moves from a horizontal orientation on the right side of the trigger guard on the Model 2 to a vertical orientation in front of the left grip on the Model 5. The sights are snag free but not made for rapid sight picture acquisition  :))

These are fairly scarce, and I had some .25 ACP for which I needed a pistol, so it came home with me. Very easy to disassemble and clean. The bore is still very nice though the other parts show that it's been fired quite a bit in the century since it was manufactured. No import marks. The cute little Bianchi holster was a bonus, though this won't be my EDC, or even Any Day Carry  chuckles1

Commercial "N crown" proof markings

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Walther Model 5
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
 thumb1 Oh.. I like that.. hey..thats mine, I lost it..uhmm.. sometime ago...besides, it has my first name on it. Could you kindly return it. rofl2

Most excellent excuse.. I had some ammo and had to buy a matching weapon..  thumb1 rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
thumb1 Oh.. I like that.. hey..thats mine, I lost it..uhmm.. sometime ago...besides, it has my first name on it. Could you kindly return it. rofl2

Most excellent excuse.. I had some ammo and had to buy a matching weapon..  thumb1 rofl2

Pretty sure it’s mine  :-\ think1

Thought you’d like the ammo angle. I call it self-enabling  thumb1

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 02:11:03 PM »
I call it self-enabling  thumb1

Catchy term... I like it, wait...OMG...I've done that before chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(... did I tell you the story about how a month or two ago I was at an auction and tried to win a labeled Walther 5 but it was really a Walther 2? Are you rubbing it in???? Of course, I'm kidding you didn't know that I missed out on that gun to freakin' Daddy Warbucks who happened to bid on almost everything I did. His pockets were deep!

Any how P32, as always you found a nice one. Did I tell you how I missed out on a Walther 2? I really wanted that gun! :( 

Funny about the ammo situation. I bought a bunch of .303 ammo and found a nice Savage to use that ammo up with.  dance2

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »
that is neat, got to go to my local pawn shops more often.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
>:( >:( >:(... did I tell you the story about how a month or two ago I was at an auction and tried to win a labeled Walther 5 but it was really a Walther 2? Are you rubbing it in???? Of course, I'm kidding you didn't know that I missed out on that gun to freakin' Daddy Warbucks who happened to bid on almost everything I did. His pockets were deep!

Any how P32, as always you found a nice one. Did I tell you how I missed out on a Walther 2? I really wanted that gun! :( 

Funny about the ammo situation. I bought a bunch of .303 ammo and found a nice Savage to use that ammo up with.  dance2

rofl Mine was labeled a Model 2 but was really a Model 5 so it was the yin to your yang. Fortunately I didn't have to compete with Scrooge McDuck for my purchase.

Re the .303, you definitely needed a No4 Mk1 regardless of whether or not you had the ammo waiting in the wings  thumb1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »
that is neat, got to go to my local pawn shops more often.  thumb1

Thanks Carl! I haven't found much over the years at this particular pawn shop, as most things are over-priced and milsurps are generally sporterized/bubba'd. Nevertheless, I still stop because every year or so something worthwhile pops up. I picked up my Mak-90 there too.