Author Topic: GREATER METRO KALI...BEWARE  (Read 3913 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
GREATER METRO KALI...BEWARE
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »
Hi Fellas,

In the recent cracked stock deals thread, I got sorta side tracked with the Kali fire arm regulations. I thought I'd share what I've been told by some "street folk".

I've been in food production of some sort for decades. The hourly people are generally decent types, under paid usually with not much education. I've always tried to kinda get to know my workers individually, as most don't trust management, and rightfully so.

One of the shops I was at had a number of older black dudes, the most I've had in a crew. I'm a Filipino from Oakland, and (used to be) a big Raider's fan, so color/ethnics are no issue to me, other than being keenly aware that it actually plays a part in a workers performance and attitude. Not politically correct, but a reality that corporate has a blind eye to.

Anyway, I was working along side one of my guys, a black guy about 52. He said his momma sent him up to Stockton from Compton 26 years ago, so he wouldn't end up dead (ex gang banger). He trusted me and I happened to ask him what the LA basin would be like if there was a truly BIG earthquake there that shut down the infrastructure. He said the unwritten rule for ALL the street gangs was to attack every police substation, so the rest of their crew could go wilding. He went on to say that everyone has AKs, and more than a few RPGs and bazookas, which I've seen pictures of in confiscation raids. This was 10 years ago, so I imagine they've accumulated more, since background checks and a 10 day wait don't mean sheit to them.

Just a little something I'd thought I through out there, since this God forsaken place is a tinder box in more ways the wild fires. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: GREATER METRO KALI...BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »
Wow.

Thanks for the insight.

Maybe time for a move. Arizona can always use more conservative folks.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »
I think it's prudent advice to beware of highly populated areas *anywhere* in the US these days.  It doesn't take much to destabilize our modern way of life.  Going w/o power for a week might be enough of a push to reach a tipping point where "Lord of the Flies" mayhem ensues.  Lake County California was in a really bad way during the recent "voluntary" PG&E blackouts and they knew it was coming and when it would end...

Natural disasters, acts of war, stupid acts by politicians pandering to their base...all have the possibility of starting the match that lights the tinderbox.  If you figure that many Americans  are living paycheck to paycheck, it's no wonder why a good majority of them don't even have adequate preparations to withstand the minor inconvenience of a bad storm that knocks out infrastructure for a very short period of time.  Long term disruptions with no way to get large scale assistance into the affected areas would be absolutely devastating, like nothing most Americans have seen in their lifetimes.  I think it's definitely something to spend some time thinking about if you haven't.   thumb1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
Interesting stuff. I definitely feel a bit more secure (at least from the criminal gangs gone wild perspective) living in a modest sized cluster of cities (~250K in a relatively low density "metro" area, ~1K people per square mile) in the middle of nowhere (~10 people per square mile). Big difference from 20K people per square mile, e.g., San Francisco.

PG&E gets sued into bankruptcy for "starting fires", so now they shut down power in high risk areas under high wind conditions to prevent fires and predictably everyone is furious. Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place.  :)) I'm no huge fan of PG&E but that is the definition of a no-win situation  bat1 From a SHTF perspective, planned localized blackouts, even if they're fairly widespread, is still a long ways from the unplanned blackouts that are very difficult to recover from in our overloaded grid system. That would quickly lead to massive stress on basic resources in a densely populated area like the Bay Area or LA.

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 07:11:26 PM »
Very glad that I live in a community that has a population of 450 at most!  If things get too bad I can relocate away to my 39 acres of wooded property and 2 ponds!   ;)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 09:36:44 PM »
Very glad that I live in a community that has a population of 450 at most!  If things get too bad I can relocate away to my 39 acres of wooded property and 2 ponds!   ;)

population of 450... thats a hopping place.. thumb1

This is relocation.........naw.. this is what second home is for GM   thumb1  Back woods, ridges and hollars.... Metro Appalachia America... Gangs  rofl....they would have a low life span expectancy here, we just have just a bunch of whitetail and aggravating squirrels, gallons of white lightening, and everything else to keep me happy and healthy  thumb1

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 09:40:48 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 04:52:53 PM »
Well living in the boonies isnt all fun and games either.  I live with a reserve 10 miles either side of me, so if it goes tits up and the gubmnt checks stop coming i will have the same problems.
Civilization balances on a knife edge, no matter where you live we have all had those 1 or 2 days without power or water and it sucks pretty fast.  When that becomes 1 or 2 weeks... :o

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 09:29:58 AM »
I was the one who originally steered the thread to global warming that started the hijack.  Sorry Echo!  I've split the topic into two so we can continue discussing metro areas and nightmare scenarios in this thread (these are definitely situations worth thinking about) and then the other thread I've moved to this thread on the politics board (because it's sure to enflame some passions on both sides and we don't really have a science board where it should probably reside anyhow)  chuckles1

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »
I was the one who originally steered the thread to global warming that started the hijack.  Sorry Echo!  I've split the topic into two so we can continue discussing metro areas and nightmare scenarios in this thread (these are definitely situations worth thinking about) and then the other thread I've moved to this thread on the politics board (because it's sure to enflame some passions on both sides and we don't really have a science board where it should probably reside anyhow)  chuckles1

It's all good.

I'm happy to be living in ag dirt...but if your out and about when it goes south...it's the luck of the draw. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the update Pax. I still fly out of Oakland to save hundreds. But Yeah ive heard the same stories about the underground there in paradise errr Okland. That entire area is the badlands of Northern Ca, ie San Jose ect. Stockton not much behind. And of course Fresno.  clap1.. I used to want to move as soon as I retire but the way the countrys turning purple / blue ? I think ill save my energy. Waiting for pics of your new little friend . The Para.