i am more of a bug in type, but heres my bug out load

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: bug out
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 09:47:54 AM »

Me too definitely. I put on my load out rig the other day, and I'm not running anywhere  ;) PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline GuitarmanNick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • Live each day as if it was your last!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 01:25:47 PM »

Me too definitely. I put on my load out rig the other day, and I'm not running anywhere  ;) PAX

I am in the same situation, PAX.

Civil unrest means any traveling will be dangerous, at best.

If nukes are inbound, and me living near ground zero, I doubt there will be much bugging out. More likely, I will put on my shades, grab a bottle of my favorite whiskey, and watch from the deck.

The only thing likely to get me moving is an all out invasion by hostile forces. Would not have considered that even a remote possibility until recently. Thinking we could see the Chinese pulling into our ports in the next twelve months and the current regime will capitulate to their demands of unconditional surrender. I would not be surprised if this was already being planned by both sides, behind the curtain.

Offline larm

• Newber
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 03:43:09 PM »
when i was a young buck , and everything i owned fit in a sea bag, bugging out was a option.

now as a beat to crap old fart, my fight starts and ends at my property line.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 04:34:40 PM »
I've always thought a bug out bag is most useful for people who live in dense metro areas as those places will degrade *really* quickly during a disaster/extreme weather event/social unrest.  If you live out in the sticks and have prepared, the leave vs. stay question becomes a much more difficult equation to try and balance I think.  As you guys state above, when we age the scale begins to really tilt towards hunkering down and riding out whatever it is.  That may or may not be feasible, but if things are that bad, all bets about guaranteed survival are off.  You could do everything right, have everything prepared, train a crazy amount of time, and still get caught in really bad spot because of simple dumb luck.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 07:21:25 PM »
Luck of the draw is my belief. Like Jimi Hendricks said "A surprise attack killed him in his sleep" (Castles Made of Sand) PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline larm

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 02:49:16 PM »
 water bull in storage since late 90's in prep for y2k, opened her up  today for a peek, all is well!