Author Topic: BYF 41 & Late war HSC.  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
BYF 41 & Late war HSC.
« on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:06 AM »
Just picked up two pistols from a semi-local collector.

First up is the Luger, a byf 41 Z-block with the black grips. I asked the gentleman to pick out and quote a price on the roughest, crudest, u-boat condition-est, nastiest, filthiest widow he had. This was the product of his search.

You can see some minor ring of finish loss around the muzzle, and scattered freckling along the straps. The side plate shows a decent amount of finish loss. Along the back of the frame where the toggle rides is some wear, the pistol has been fired some. Other than that, the pistol is pretty dang mint in my estimation. Overall it's just a clean & honest p08.

Next up is a fantastic little pistol that was packaged in with the p08. A late '44 military-proofed Mauser HSC in 32acp.
I'm starting to love these old HSCs. They're beautiful in marking, finish and function.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: BYF 41 & Late war HSC.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »
I asked the gentleman to pick out and quote a price on the roughest, crudest, u-boat condition-est, nastiest, filthiest widow he had. This was the product of his search.

You seem to have a knack for getting prople to let go of their Ugly Bettys, even when they dont particularly want to!

Nice set, very nice.  thumb1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
Beautiful pair of Mausers  :o  :)

On the other hand, boy that ratty ol' Black Widow does look like it was dragged through the mud, er, dropped in the mud, er, dropped on a couch cushion, er, coddled in a holster it's entire existence. Stunning  8)

Gesichert is for safe or secure.  Does it have a word for fire or ready stamped into the pistol?

Re the HSc: it has the eagle N commercial (?) proof mark but also the Mauser Oberndorf Waa135. So they marked civil use pistols with Waffenamts too. I hadn't noticed that before, or forgot that I'd noticed it   :))  My pistol knowledge is rather sparse  ???

Really great score  thumb1  :)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
Very nice, caused some drooling in my keyboard!

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
P32 Eagle N is the nitro proof as of January 16, 1940.  Before that it was Crown over N.  All Walther, Mauser and Spreewerk guns have the nitro proof.  The WaA135 is the military inspectors stamp the accepted the HSc.

Blicero nice looking Lugar and three line HSc.  The three line slide is 2nd slide marking that was begun in 1943.  According to Burnham and Theodore, The Mauser HSc Pistol, there were 62,087 HSc's made by Mauser in 1944.  Of these 34,366 went to the Weirmacht.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:19:22 PM by Donp236 »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »
Nice...

Im still in your will right?     Cool    dance2

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 07:16:58 PM »
Beautiful pair of Mausers  :o  :)

Gesichert is for safe or secure.  Does it have a word for fire or ready stamped into the pistol?

Not on a standard German p08. But check out the Bulgarian contract Lugers, third picture from the bottom.  http://www.landofborchardt.com/bulgarian.html#a1
Then there's the standard "Geladen" loaded chamber indicator on the extractor of a regular Luger:
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 11:57:56 PM »
Those are amazing. Man looking at them can take one's mind straight to the era of which they stand. thumb1 Great Picture display. What camera do you use for close-ups ?   

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 11:32:45 PM »
Femaru for a luger?    download1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »
Those are amazing. Man looking at them can take one's mind straight to the era of which they stand. thumb1 Great Picture display. What camera do you use for close-ups ?   

Thanks man, I really took some time to try and capture the true look and feel of these guns. I bounced around between the iphone and an old Canon point and shoot, both indoors and outdoors. The iphone captured most of the best images.

Femaru for a luger?    download1

We can talk. Just picked this up from an "archaeologist" in Poland. It has tons of character, tells a story, it survived a war ya know.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon