Author Topic: Shot Sks for first time. '53 Tula and love it!  (Read 5294 times)

Offline 56cbr600rr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Shot Sks for first time. '53 Tula and love it!
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »
Some will prolly think I'm crazy for shooting it; however it was worth it!   Love the way it fired and felt.  I really expected it to be way off target and boy was I wrong.  Pic below is the first 5 shots I ever took with it at 20 Yards.   Impressed!   Spot on!

Also was a great trip as my brother in law from Brazil went.   He has never shot a gun of any type in his life.  Because of movies he was in love with the akm.  He did well and had a great time.  Couple more pics; one is of him shooting the Sks.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:39:04 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Shot Sks for first time. 63 Tula and love it!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:33 PM »
Good shooting! Great set of arms to break-in the brother-in-law, I suppose he is hooked now!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »
Yup, nice little group there. Glad you were able to get your BIL shooting, he won't forget it. BTW, I assume you meant to write 53 Tula, not 63.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Shotz90s

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »
Bah! Thats what rifles were made for. Shooting, fun and family time! Great group. Did you hook another shooter?

Offline 56cbr600rr

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »
Yup, nice little group there. Glad you were able to get your BIL shooting, he won't forget it. BTW, I assume you meant to write 53 Tula, not 63.

Oops..   Yep, 53. 

Offline 56cbr600rr

• Newber
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »
Bah! Thats what rifles were made for. Shooting, fun and family time! Great group. Did you hook another shooter?

I think he is hooked!   But he'll only be able to shoot when he's in our country.   Gun ownership is difficult in Brasil. 

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »

I agree, I have a near mint '52 Tula all original and I shoot it. I am careful with it though. I have a spare stock and gas tube and hand guard on it now so I can keep my original wood from getting dinged up. I shot it before I had the spare parts and I still shoot it in it's original furniture too sometimes, just carefully.

That's a nice looking '53, congrats!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline 56cbr600rr

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 04:48:39 PM »

I agree, I have a near mint '52 Tula all original and I shoot it. I am careful with it though. I have a spare stock and gas tube and hand guard on it now so I can keep my original wood from getting dinged up. I shot it before I had the spare parts and I still shoot it in it's original furniture too sometimes, just carefully.

That's a nice looking '53, congrats!

Thank you sir.  I really thought this gun was unfired before today as there is no wear, no carbon, and the bolt was cosmolined up.  However after shooting it and it being so spot on it must have been fired to dial it in at some point.  Whoever did it decades ago must put the sight exactly where I do on the target.  Kinda cool.  Was kinda like those that open a bottle of $1000 wine and have the first sip...  Loved and surprised by that first shot.