Author Topic: "Unissued" Yugos from SOG  (Read 32404 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
"Unissued" Yugos from SOG
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »
I got this email the other day.  Not sure if anyone is looking for a Yugo of this flavor, but they are intriguing at least.  I hate the price, but I know of no other Yugos that are currently at retail anymore.

Unissued SKS Rifle Yugo 7.62X39 Cal. - Southern Ohio Gun

Anyone pull the trigger on one of these?  I'm interested to see who the importer of these are!  thumb1

-RM
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:07:29 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: "Unissued" Yugos fron SOG
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
Unissued my ass.     bat1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:31 PM »
Unissued my ass.     bat1

LOL...we were just talking about this.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
Samco is still peddling them....for less  :o

https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-sks.html

opps  :-[, those are cracked, possibly.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 08:46:29 PM »
Logbooks, yay ! Could be a great opportunity to collect info, I hope buyers find their way to the Files.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:24:13 PM »
If they would guarantee all matching numbers, a log book that matches the SN...and maybe an original sling...I'd probably bite  ;)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
If they would guarantee all matching numbers, a log book that matches the SN...and maybe an original sling...I'd probably bite  ;)

But what's the point of a log book if the rifle is "unissued"   rofl rofl2 chuckles1

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »

Well they do claim "unissued"...so why wouldn't it's numbers match.....unless, it's unissued....since it was last refurbed....but wait, that would mean the book is boring and empty, other than a stamp of it's reborn on date.  Didn't the book contain info of it's prior life, before refurb, once refurbed, it gets a new "blank" book for current tracking.

And for that price, I don't need one or a blank book that bad..
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 02:18:08 AM »
Id pull the trigger on one of these in a heartbeat if they would ship to Ca, Thats one I don't have yet and would love to.  Ill bet if a simple phone called was made they would inform about the all matching.   

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
While I hate the price, it is only $29 more than I paid for my Cherry's....I would have sprung the $29 for the missing log book and cleaning kit....just to have them. I doubt though that these are the quality of a Cherry's....and after shipping and not having a C&R....there isn't enough to get me to bite on one of these...even if it is the going rate for a Yugo bubba around here.

I so want a Yugo shooter though...so I can launch....things.  cry1

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
I asked them if the s/n's matched for book and rifle and they said most of them do. That means some do not, something I would want to avoid.

I told them there was a certain something I was looking for and asked if I could come in there to see what I would be getting, I live about 30 miles from there. Although I think they have a dealer pick-up counter, they said no, couldn't let me in but if I could send a pic of what I'm looking for, they would check 1 crate for it, for 10$ handpick fee.

If I were looking to buy, my first choice would be a rifle/book match, with the book having a build date and Zastava stamps, and I would send them this pic for comparison.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040613113454/http://www.asbrand.com/pics/guns/yugo_m59-66_logbook/02_m59-66_logbook_pg1.png.html

The reason I would ask for that is because I think when you get that, especially if it's a later one, there's a good chance you're getting a rifle that was never issued by JNA after it was built, and also not broken out for the Bosnian War because it was under the control of Serbia, which unlike Bosnia and Croatia, didn't need them.

I would really like it if I knew the crate they were checking was full, I suppose if they didn't find what I want then I would just take the best looking one they found. Still okay especially if book/rifle match, as it seems even the refurbs had not been heavily used or abused by 2nd and 3rd line troops, and often looked in top shape and unused.

It looks to me like they went on building them for some time even though they were probably issuing far fewer, and then most likely from older inventory. The latest YSKS builds I can think of are from '89. I would have thought AK would have trickled all the way down through the ranks by then so to me it's not much of a stretch that there's a block of unissued rifles.

Anyway, there's the pic if someone wants to have a go at one that's what I would shoot for.

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »
The plot thickens.  Classic released a video showing the uncrating of a bunch of these bad boys. 

Albeit we don't have much data yet, but some things I've picked up:
  • These rifles are from Slovenia.
  • All the ones they showed in the video were M59/66A1s
  • Most seem to have the proper log books, slings, oilers, pouches, etc..
  • Highest number on the side of a crate I saw was '265'.  If there are 265 crates, each with 10 guns, there are 2600+ Yugos out there waiting to be sold.
  • I saw a "Pal 27" tag.  So at least 27 pallets, with 10 crates per pallet gives us 2700+ guns
  • Classic guy said they got a bunch of them, he thinks maybe all of them in this shipment.

Anywhoo, Pretty interesting stuff.  It's obvious we will be seeing a large influx of Yugos sold at retail soon.  I wonder if Classic will try $400+ for these like SOG or if they will be in the $350 range?  If they could guarantee the logbook and accessories, that would be a steal, some of those guns are gorgeous.

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
Same price as SOG +20 for hand select + $20.42 shipped to NE.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-semi-auto-excellent#

SOG is +$10 for hand select and +10 for numbers matching. I don't see a shipping calculator on their site.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »
Not "unissued", but seemingly very nice guns. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »
Took a few screengrabs of stuff I found interesting:

1st crate tag:

I translate the lines as being (with 'the Google's' help):
CONSERVATION

Models and CAL.
QUANTITY OR.
TYPE PRESERVATIVES.
PRESERVATIVES. Z.
AGE PRESERVATIVES.
PRESERVATIVES. OF
WORKSHOP

SIGNATURE OF AUTHORISED PERSON

I can't really make out the handwritten entries though.  It would be nice to know the preservative used or the workshop name!

Here's another crate tag

and Mr Google says:
ZAP. NO (probably item number)
TYPE WEAPONS
MODEL
NO. TOV (looks like serial number)
NAJED. PIPE (I would suspect pipe stands for barrel, and this is some kind of barrel wear, or throat erosion percentage)
CALIBER MM (they must slug them as they are measuring down to the hundreth millimeter.)

I got frustrated trying to translate the right side stuff, image isn't good enough to make out all the words.  Check out two of the numbers on the S/N list though: consecutive J367988 & J367989.  Very interesting!  thumb1

S/Ns span the H, I, & J blocks.  Date looks to read March 20, 2007.

The final crate tag:

with Mr Google saying:

THE FACTORY NUMBER
ONE TUBE IN % (again, barrel use percentage maybe?)
CALIBER MM

WEAPONS TYPE
MODEL
NUMBER OF PIECES
PROTECTION
ASSET PROTECTION (not sure what this really is)
DATE PROTECTION
THE DURATION OF PROTECTION (I assume 'let' is short for 'letnik' which would be '5 years')

These S/N's span F, G, I, and M blocks.  Date looks to read May 8, 2002.

Here's a late V series block log book:

and the insides (sorry for the poor quality, not much to work with here):

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 03:40:52 PM »
I smell Century.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
Interesting how one of the crates had no dividers.   

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »
Import stamps on these ones aren't in the usual IO, TGI, or CAI places on the barrel.

These stamps are on the left side of the receiver, towards the back.  When I blow it up, it looks like a long single line of text:

I'm going to guess KBI, though it could be a PW Arms, Mitchell stamp, or someone we've never even seen before.  It could still be one of the ones that typically stamp on the barrel too, there's no reason they couldn't move it for this batch. 

I will say this, there's quite a few collectors that will be turned off by the import mark being billboarded on the receiver itself so close to the S/N.  a less conspicuous barrel stamp would have been so much more preferable on guns this nice.  Given the same quality gun with two different import marks, the less intrusive the import mark, the easier it is to sell.

Also, that handguard ain't original to the rifle.  These guns are refurbs.  Very nice refurbs, but refurbs nonetheless.  I wonder if that will play into how quickly / slowly these move?

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
$0.04 more at Classic  :))

I hope we see some of these popping up here, so we can get an in depth look, but I'm satisfied with the 59/66 I have for now  :)

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 04:32:03 PM »
$0.04 more at Classic  :))

I hope we see some of these popping up here, so we can get an in depth look, but I'm satisfied with the 59/66 I have for now  :)
You got me there Phos, I over looked the .99 and .95.  pissing1 What can you buy with $0.04 cents anyway?

On another note can some one explain the differece between 59/66 and 59/66A1?  :-\