Author Topic: Marlin 922m, and the bigger brethern  (Read 710 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Marlin 922m, and the bigger brethern
« on: December 10, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »
One I neglected to post,  :) my Marlin 922m in 22wmr. Probably one of the lessor known 22wmr semiautos. I know 22wmr is a hard rifle to make semiauto, but Marlin got it right. Made from '93 to '01. Microgrooved barrel, 5 or 7 shot mag, 5 shown. Again, the biggest draw back of this whole Marlin family, the buffer, if the buffer fails, it will lock up the trigger mech, and the huge bolt could beat the rear of the receiver out. Blackjack buffers work great in all, and change the recoil springs. But, like any weapon, when you know the quirks...they run well.. thumb1

The 922m with it's big brothers.. a Camp 45(Model 45) and 2 Camp 9's(Model 9). Marlin PCCs, No scary black plastic, just old fashioned wood.... the Camp 45 uses regular 1911 magazines and the Camp 9 runs S&W 59 magazines, Both were produced from '85 to '99. The they've all been rebuilt with new springs and buffers, with multiple spares on hand. The bottom Camp 9 however is set up for hotter NATO and +P 9mm ammo, it has a 21lb recoil spring, where the factory is a 16.5lb, for a pistol round, it reaches nicely. And, I even have the box for it. All 3 variants have pretty much fallen to high demand collector status, the larger variants can run close to upwards of 750 to a grand, especially the 45.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Marlin 922m, and the bigger brethern
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
Very desirable rigs, and yours are sweet. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:57:01 PM »
That is a very nice quartet!  thumb1

I don’t have anything in .22 WMR. .17HMR, .22 s/l/lr but no .22 wmr  :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 12:48:28 AM »
Thanks..

That is a very nice quartet!  thumb1

I don’t have anything in .22 WMR. .17HMR, .22 s/l/lr but no .22 wmr  :))

.22wmr wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so dang expensive, not as much as 17hmr..  but at one time I could get 17hmr cheaper..

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 03:06:11 AM »
Those are nice, GM! I'd always wanted a .22 WMR in semi-auto but didn't see anything reliable, and available. I have a Stainless Marlin 882 SS bolt action with the micro-groove barrel. 7 shot magazines.

Are you using Wolf springs for replacements? I've used Wolf springs in my Polish P-64 and my Norinco 1911A1 .45acp and have had great results.

Those Camp 9's and the Camp 45 are really nice, too. How does the Camp 45 perform at 100 yards? I'm sure the 9mm will do alright but didn't know how well the 230gr .45 slug will perform at that range? I'm sure it gets there but what of accuracy?

firstchoice

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 04:44:30 AM »
I have used both Wolff and BlackJack springs in them. I also found out the factory spring is.... only 11 pounds.  :o  I use Wolff in a few firearms, even my P64s..   thumb1
Accuracy wise, I haven't shot the 45 or 22wmr at much of a distance, but I didn't have any problems hitting an 8 inch steel at 50yards. That's about as far as Ive had it, the scoped 9mm, I've had well over a 100yards.  I'm sure with better sights or an optic, both the 45 and 22wmr would be good for more than the 50 I was shooting at.