Author Topic: Mossberg 151M-B  (Read 2829 times)

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Mossberg 151M-B
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:22:45 PM »
Here is the first in a bunch I picked up lately. :)

It's kind of a "really cool funky oddity", as the guy at the shop calls it  :))  I say....it's conflicted..it has features a target rifle would have, higher end peep sights the cheek riser on the stock, real nice trigger/grip setup (at least for a mass produced rifle), yet it still can't quite shake the hunting/beer can killing look and action. It's perfect thumb1 rofl2

The 151M-B looks like it would be a fairly recent rimfire, but it started production in 1948 and went to the mid 50's. She is showing her age well, no stock refinish, no touch ups, just some what I would deem as handling marks, some very light surface rust spots and it was clean as a whistle, must have spent alot of time in a safe. This one is a tube fed semiauto, Mossberg also made a model with the same style Mannlicher stock in bolt action around the same time frame. The tube mag feeds 15 rounds through the buttstock, and the stock makes the barrel length hard to judge, but it is 20 inches long. It's not quite a bull barrel, but it is pretty beefy, it weighs just a hair over 7 pounds on my scale. It also packs all three sighting methods, it has a ladder style rear sight, and instead of the normal v groove, it's an aperture sight mounted on the barrel, it has a Mossberg S-130 receiver target style peep sight and it has the Mossberg No. M4D 4X scope and mounts. Shockingly the rubber eyepiece is present and flexable and the scope is still very clear given it's age. The front sight is a switchable post with 4 different flip up sight posts. Most of these rifles I've found, is missing at least one sight choice or the front post sights are rough and missing. It even came with the period correct Garand sling attached.   

Peep sight is not really usable when the scope is mounted, but it folds over out of the way and locks. Same with the barrel mounted rear sight, it's unusable with the scope.

Front sight, shows how you select the desired post

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Mossberg 151M-B
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
Should be a hood that slides over those front posts I believe.... Many Mossbergs of this erra had this neat feature including the lend/lease US Property marked 42MB before the Brits permanently fixed a post. 

Cool little 22.    thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Mossberg 151M-B
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 09:48:42 AM »
Very nice find  thumb1 I love the old Mossberg .22s and that vintage scope is very cool  8)