Author Topic: Barnett BCR Recurve 150lb Crossbow  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Barnett BCR Recurve 150lb Crossbow
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »
My wife Mary recently bought a Barnett Crossbow with an aimpoint type scope. We were very surprised at the accuracy, power and range this crossbow is capable of, it shoots 18 inch bolts. This is something new to both of us but it's fun to learn and shoot.

She has an additional quiver to carry a larger number of bolts and a sling to keep both hands free when moving. We have a couple of extra strings, a stringer and a set of replacement tips for the ends of the bow.

And it's quiet!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Barnett BCR Recurve 150lb Crossbow
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:41 PM »
I have been wanting one of these things !!!    banghead2

Some guys just have all the cool toys.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
Mary did let me shoot it once LC and it's a hoot!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »
Ill be over tomorrow...  11:56 sharp.   We gonna spend a few days stickin bolts in trees, cow patties etc.    :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:46:36 PM »
Ill be over tomorrow...  11:56 sharp.   We gonna spend a few days stickin bolts in trees, cow patties etc.    :)

LOL ..sounds good, c'mon. We don't have any cow patties but there are plenty horse "apples" lying around!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
Something about a weapon that does not use ammunition is appealing to me for shtf scenario. 

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
Yep, that was the main idea behind getting this. Also shooting wild game doesn't give away your presence. We have been watching the Walking Dead series, Mary thinks Daryl is so cool because of the crossbow he uses so she wanted one.

Having a silent weapon is a good thing.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
a 150lbs, how do ya carry the damn thing...... rofl rofl 

Please forgive me..  Seriously though, it is cool, and quiet thumb1 thumb1   Going all Daryl Dixon are ya.. thumb1 thumb1

Parker Bows is just up the road from me, like not even 10 minutes, I'll hold out for SHTF, just slide by and pick one up.. chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
Greasemonkey if you have never fired one of these critters you gotta head on over to Parkers!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »
This is on my wish list but the prices of new ones are beyond crazy. Gonna look for a used one one of these days. I do have a good hunting bow at least. I am kind of liking the idea of the recurve vs the compound crossbow. Just seems simpler with less to go wrong and I think they are less expensive. How tough is that 150 pounder to cock? Is that a cocking assist lever I see on yours?
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
This is on my wish list but the prices of new ones are beyond crazy. Gonna look for a used one one of these days. I do have a good hunting bow at least. I am kind of liking the idea of the recurve vs the compound crossbow. Just seems simpler with less to go wrong and I think they are less expensive. How tough is that 150 pounder to cock? Is that a cocking assist lever I see on yours?

No there is no cocking assist attached to it, I believe what you are seeing is the sling, it has a rod in it  for some crazy reason!

It isn't hard to draw Carl, Mary can pull the string back without much trouble. She does have a string that is supposed to help cock it but she never uses it.