Author Topic: The enabler strikes again!  (Read 8520 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
The enabler strikes again!
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:30:10 PM »
We all know that the "Enabler", AKA Greasemonkey is a bad influence.  A few weeks ago I get a text from him.  Says there's a CZ82 on gunboards that I need to take a look at.  Well after striking out in the M1 carbine lotto over at CMP, I guessed it wouldn't hurt to just take one little look-see.  It'd probably be a junker that was being sold by the grey carpet guy or something like that.  I've wanted one for a long long time (ever since I missed out on getting one at Century for $269 a couple years ago).

Anywhoo, I look at the sale, and it's a decent gun.  Nothing super pristine as it had seen it's share of use and also was refurbed in '91, but it was in as-imported condition with two mags and the black police holster and the price was around what I was willing to pay.  I look at the seller and it just so happens that I know the guy selling it.  Dang, that's no bueno!  I shoot him a customary PM and ask him how she shoots and we get to talking about what he'd take for it.  Dang, how the heck did we get to talking about price?!  Anyhow, I shoot him an offer and he accepts it.  It's amazing how quickly stuff like this happens to me!  :o

So a quick postal MO later, she arrives.  Again, nothing uber-pristine, but she's certainly nothing to turn my nose up at!  I can see why many people like these.

My photos aren't the best (actually they are quite terrible).  It's currently blowing 50 MPH outside in a typical spring day (for NM) so outdoor photos will have to wait.  The first two photos are from the GB for sale ad.

I think I might replace or upgrade the grips at some point as they show the majority of the wear on this particular gun.  I also need to pull it 100% apart for some interior cleaning as the mag release is a bit sticky I think & one of the mags doesn't like to lock in w/o a heavy slap.  All in all, I'm a pretty happy camper though.  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: The enabler strikes again!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »
Interesting... I didn't get any text alerts.   bat1

rofl

I remember your thread... Glad you got one. Finally.  :))

Was this a bathtub compromise?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 07:58:52 PM »
Yeah, it only took two years.  I had resigned to not get one. 

I bought this one first and then asked for forgiveness after the fact.  I got 'the look', but she knows she's getting the ridiculously expensive clawfoot tub, so I'd say she still came out ahead.  She's actually expressed an interest in shooting this one, so we'll see where that leads...

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:07:05 PM »
Glad you finally got one, but if you have to haul that claw foot tub in the house you definitely earned it....they are a beach to move, I would know I used to be a master plumber.
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »
Very cool  thumb1  I really like the looks of the CZ82s and I like the simplicity of blowback pistols. Much better looking and more useful than a clawfoot bathtub IMHO!  rofl

Is it one of the 9x18mm versions?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »
Glad you finally got one, but if you have to haul that claw foot tub in the house you definitely earned it....they are a beach to move, I would know I used to be a master plumber.

Tell me about it!  She's chosen one that is 460 lbs & it has to go to the second floor! :o 
Thankfully the contractor will be earning his pay on this one...

Much appreciated Tony!  thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »
Very cool  thumb1  I really like the looks of the CZ82s and I like the simplicity of blowback pistols. Much better looking and more useful than a clawfoot bathtub IMHO!  rofl

Is it one of the 9x18mm versions?

Yup, 9x18 mak.  She's got a great trigger and is quite comfortable in the hand.  Wide rear end on her supposedly makes the felt recoil much lighter than a P64 or one of the other compact 9x18s.  Hard to say though.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 11:21:47 PM »
I bet your ole lady would like a femaru....  Mine did.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 06:38:51 AM »
Very nice! I've been thinking about getting one ever since I got my Mak.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
 rofl "the Enabler" can find some nice 1's that's for sure and if your ole wallet can handle it....the ole collection will fill up quite nicely. Kinda like the lil angel/devil sitting on your shoulder whispering....'cept their both telling you to get it  :))

Nice RM  thumb1 Congrats man. What can you tell us about the mags...they look a lil different from each other.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
Tell me about it!  She's chosen one that is 460 lbs & it has to go to the second floor! :o 

Too bad ya didn't get one of the lighter weight claw-foots.  They only weigh 458 lbs. chuckles1  I helped get one up to a second floor once, and haven't been able to have babies since. 

We wanna pic of your woman sittin in her new bathtub with her new pistol.  ;)  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 10:40:14 PM »
Bwahahahahahahahahaha....   rofl

You crazy

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 12:13:12 AM »
rofl "the Enabler" can find some nice 1's that's for sure and if your ole wallet can handle it....the ole collection will fill up quite nicely. Kinda like the lil angel/devil sitting on your shoulder whispering....'cept their both telling you to get it  :))

Nice RM  thumb1 Congrats man. What can you tell us about the mags...they look a lil different from each other.

Darn right hippie!  We need to warn people about him!  Maybe put a big disclaimer up when you log in here: "WARNING!!  Not responsible for items "the enabler" goads you into buying that you may not have needed or that cause you marital difficulties!"  rofl2

The enabler texted me the other day and mentioned he thought one was a CZ82 mag and the other was a CZ83 mag.  This would make sense as I've read in many places that CZ82/83 magazines are interchangeable.  After looking it up, I'm still not 100% certain what I've got.  The magazines are both true CZ mfgr'd mags though (this is apparently indicated by the crossed swords in the lower right corner.)  I suspect the empty mag on the left is a true CZ82 magazine, or at least the floorplate is.  Fits the pistol like a glove.  The one on the right with the extra dimple at the base looks like the 12 round CZ83 magazines currently being sold at CZ USA (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/11302_Mag-Cz-83-380-12-Rd) for around $40 ea.

From reading on the web, it appears that there are $20 ea. magazines with a "CZ-MFG" stamps on the floorplates that are not CZ manufactured that have various issues including weak springs, poor fit, and general junkiness. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:38:19 PM by running-man »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
Darn right hippie!  We need to warn people about him!  Maybe put a big disclaimer up when you log in here: "WARNING!!  Not responsible for items "the enabler" goads you into buying that you may not have needed or that cause you marital difficulties!"

BAH!!! bat1 bat1  wait... it wasn't me...dammit Jimmy.. rofl  Anyways, if'en, lets say I had done it, or had something to do with it, I ain't seen any RM cry me a river, whoa, whoa pitiful me, he's going through the big "D" and RM don't mean Dallas posts, plus, your lights, phone and internet is all still on cause, you is still posting, if they are still on, your still working, so the RM mobile ain't been repossessed, so it ain't that bad.. chuckles1 

Admit it, the want of such a nice piece... superseded the need, go ahead....and fib, remember, denial is the first sign :)

It's ok RM, we all can't fight temptation 100% of the time when it comes to surplus weapons, I am.....er, uh, ??? Jimmy was really glad to see you acquire a long sought after piece you've looked and worked so diligently to find. thumb1

Oh...and I'm sorry you get to haul a funky enamel coated, claw footed, water retaining, 500 pound Chrysler big block up a flight of stairs, when you hit about the 9th step and your loins are on fire and burning from the strain and weight, just go to your happy place, imagine your at the range with your new pistol..

Besides......its a Cz  drool2 drool2 drool2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »
aIM just sent ne an email. New shipment of cz82s. $299.99. No accessories or second mag though. 113 left.  thumb1

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »
112 :)

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
You guys will love your CZs. RM, that is an interesting holster you got with that one, not like the one I got.
Mine looks like this:

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 11:53:39 PM »
I like the spare mag holder Oli!  thumb1

Mine is odd in that it has a dual snap on it.  One on the outside and another on the inside.  You can snap both of them together and there's no way the gun is coming out w/o some effort.  Unfortunately, this means there's no way the gun is coming out without some effort!  I have a hard time believing that these were used by anyone who might actually need to draw their pistols on a regular basis.  Very heavy holster too and the quick disconnect that attaches the holster to the belt loop allows it to swivel 360 in an odd way such that the gun always tries to point down.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 12:34:50 AM »
From reading on the web, it appears that there are $20 ea. magazines with a "CZ-MFG" stamps on the floorplates that are not CZ manufactured that have various issues including weak springs, poor fit, and general junkiness.

Yes! They are crap... cheap, thin crap.
I returned the ones I bought right away.
BTW, usually you can get one more .380 round in a CZ mag than you can with 9mak. This even holds true with the 9/10 round version with the thick plastic floorplate.
If you have a CZ 82 and a CZ83, you must be careful not to get your loaded mags confused!