Author Topic: M855 Banned  (Read 7651 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: M855 Banned
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 04:21:59 PM »
And one thing I think effects it, all these pistols and SBRs made from rifles. They were gonna do a PSL in a pistol a while back, if done there would have went that surplus ammo. The maker actually recanted and destroyed the prototype due to the uproar it caused.
Yes, the pistols are how they are legally justifying the proposed ban. 

Regarding the PSL, a DMR rifle converted to a pistol length begs the question WHY?   banghead1  Makes about as much sense as trying to make a sniper rifle out of an M1 carbine.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »
Always wished they never started making these 'pistols' out of ARs and AKs....  knew it would bring on some kinda bite in the ass.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »
And one thing I think effects it, all these pistols and SBRs made from rifles. They were gonna do a PSL in a pistol a while back, if done there would have went that surplus ammo. The maker actually recanted and destroyed the prototype due to the uproar it caused.
Yes, the pistols are how they are legally justifying the proposed ban. 

Regarding the PSL, a DMR rifle converted to a pistol length begs the question WHY?   banghead1  Makes about as much sense as trying to make a sniper rifle out of an M1 carbine.

Cause its "cool".  No clue, but at times the firearms community as a whole is their own worst enemy. "Hey let's do this with a known assault weapon" insta-ban once the powers that be catch wind, then  its followed buy whining and crying about rights. Then prices on stuff normal shooter enjoy skyrocket out ta sight, and buying selling and getting screwed starts. Its a vicious circle, sometimes with no one to blame other than those who create these wonderful pretty much useless type of weapons.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem