Author Topic: Walther P38/P1 post war  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Walther P38/P1 post war
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »
So I took a beating on this one!  chuckles1 chuckles1

Picked up an 8/63 dated P38/P1 with 1 P38 Walther mag, 1 P1 Walther mag and holster, 880 rds. of 7.62x39, 500 rds. of 9mm, an unknown GI Helmet (I think), a .50 cal ammo can and a Garand kit with barrel, op rod, complete bolt, complete stock/ hand guards, US Garand manual and several other parts for 5 Benji's!

Here's the P38...

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Walther P38/P1 post war
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:36:51 PM »
nice!  thumb1 got to go shopping with you.  :o
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
Nice pistol. Barrel looks especially clean.  What do you want for the Garand stuff :)  wink1?  Cheers, Bruce.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 10:58:22 PM »
Holy cow! Deal of the year on that package.

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:11:20 AM »
Wow, sounds like a great deal for all of that for that price!

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »
Holy cow! Deal of the year on that package.

Ain't that the truth!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 04:09:26 PM »
I wasn't even looking for a P38.  However, I bought some other stuff off him and he told me about it. His father had passed away and had guns and military items and he's not into them. He kept a couple rifles for himself and some ammo. He sold a lot of stuff before I met him ( :()! Anyhow, he collects toys but not our toys he collects TOYS! He asked me about the P38 when we first met and I told him I had a book and I would look it up because he thought it was a P38/P38 not a P1. I showed him that it was indeed a P1 and later said he would keep it. Then he decided to sell when I asked about ammo. He knows what the stuff is basically worth but he just feels that he don't need to charge top dollar. I think he would rather have cash for toys than haggle with this stuff. I am more than pleased. I basically got the P1 for about $50, if you break everything down. I calculated that just the ammo is approx. $250.  dance2
He then mentions later that he has the Garand parts and states it needs a receiver. It needs a few more parts than that but I believe I did real well there also. I'm going to make that a project (Sorry Bruce). I also don't know jack about Garand's other than losing a thumb (I have an Hakim so I should be OK...I think). So who has a Garand receiver they are going to sell me for $50?  chuckles1 chuckles1

Thanks to P32 for answering some questions about the P38/1 and the Helmet (I still need to look for markings etc... on). He had an inside tip that I was going to pick this up. Then later that I did pick it up, although, he didn't know how great a deal I got tho.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »
As an FYI.....
The post war P38 I just got into was priced at 500. Same as yours, pistol, 2 mags and a police holster. That's it. We got it down to 400, but 500 was gonna happen.

Have you posted the helmet yet?
What other military stuff did/does he have available?
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »
That's ok, BTS.  If you find a receiver and you need it built, let me know.  I think I've built 15 to 20 of them in the last 5 years.  Be aware that the receivers run at least 4 bills (if you're lucky) to 7 bills.  Cheers, Bruce.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:46 PM »
As an FYI.....
The post war P38 I just got into was priced at 500. Same as yours, pistol, 2 mags and a police holster. That's it. We got it down to 400, but 500 was gonna happen.

Have you posted the helmet yet?
What other military stuff did/does he have available?

I didn't post the helmet yet. I also picked up a '53 Czech helmet from him weeks prior.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:39 PM »
That's ok, BTS.  If you find a receiver and you need it built, let me know.  I think I've built 15 to 20 of them in the last 5 years.  Be aware that the receivers run at least 4 bills (if you're lucky) to 7 bills.  Cheers, Bruce.

Thanks, Bruce! I see you're a firearms man of many talents. I figured that the receiver would be pricey. I have to identify the codes to see what parts manufacturers I actually have. I'm assuming if it has SA - Springfield Armory? if so, that is most of what I have. Also some "B" coded parts.