Author Topic: A real heavy weight, Finnish Kp/31 Suomi  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
A real heavy weight, Finnish Kp/31 Suomi
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
I can't say for sure, but this is possibly one of the sub machine guns that has endured through time. Production began in 1931 and it was still in use till the mid-late 80s is a pretty good track record for a firearm. Sadly it's a neutered semiauto and got an extension on the barrel to meet ATF laws, it's a TNW parts kit build, and thankfully it's been problem free. It will eat everything from WWB to hot NATO ammo, even the 9mm +P+ stuff hasn't phased it. Recoil is none, zip, zilich.   

It's a beast, it easily weighs what a Garand does empty, with no mag, with a loaded drum, 71rds of 9mm, it's pushing 16pounds. This became the equalizer during the Winter War against Russia, and inspired many different designs. True to Finn design, it's built very well, and highly accurate. The stock is an early original Finnish stock, and is tiger striped, I do keep a newer version stock, similar to the M39s for shooting, and the drum shown is not the greatest, I didn't get the others out, this drum misfeeds about every 7th round, and mainly gets used for display.  The two other drums, feed with no issues, after winding the spring up and tons of cleaning. The stick mags are 36rd, and the haversack is of Finnish military origin as well, with the typical [SA] stamp

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: A real heavy weight, Finnish Kp/31 Suomi
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
 :o DAT GRAIN

Awesome gun! Wanna shoot it so bad!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
I ran across this one back in the winter for 425, I kinda missed out while they were in retail. Now they are almost impossible to find other than parts kits. If you ever get a chance to get one, snag it.  And when disassembled, it's shocking how even weaker 9mm WWB can even cycle it, the bolt in it is fricken heavy and huge, and the spring is very strong.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »
That stock is almost unbelievable, very, very nice firearm. This looks so much like the Russian PPS 41 that they must have copied it after the war with Finland.