Author Topic: SKS Paratrooper Worth  (Read 3076 times)

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
SKS Paratrooper Worth
« on: July 22, 2020, 05:13:05 PM »
Yeah, I know the old adage of "it is worth what one will pay for it".  But what would be a good/decent price for a "26" factory SKS paratrooper with all numbers matching except for the mag and the stock?  I am asking for "sellers value" since I own one that I may put up for sell and let go in the future.  Thanks!

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: SKS Paratrooper Worth
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 05:54:48 PM »
In today's market, I would guess $400 if the stock is unnumbered.  A bit less if there is *any* plastic anywhere.  $450-$500 in my mind if it was all matching. 

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
In today's market, I would guess $400 if the stock is unnumbered.  A bit less if there is *any* plastic anywhere.  $450-$500 in my mind if it was all matching.
Okay, thanks!  I will try to take some pics of it and post them up later for a better appraisal of it.    To my knowledge, no plastic on it that I know of.  With the current prices of SKS rifles that are going for on the broker, I may list it up there to see what it may bring.   ;)

owenj492

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
Do a search on gunbroker.com, I've seen starting prices at $700 and up:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=sks%20paratrooper

As of now, SKS are selling like hot cakes on GB, and WAY over price in my opinion, but now is a great time to flip a firearm for a good profit.

owenj492

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
Yeah, I know the old adage of "it is worth what one will pay for it".  But what would be a good/decent price for a "26" factory SKS paratrooper with all numbers matching except for the mag and the stock?  I am asking for "sellers value" since I own one that I may put up for sell and let go in the future.  Thanks!

Question: is it a fixed 10 round magazine or does it take AK-47 magaines?

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 06:42:20 PM »

Question: is it a fixed 10 round magazine or does it take AK-47 magaines?
A fixed 10rd mag that does not match the rest of the numbers on the rest of the rifle.

owenj492

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 07:44:02 PM »
Sorry, I was doing six things at once and didn't see that info!

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 08:04:39 PM »
Sorry, I was doing six things at once and didn't see that info!
Not a problem and no foul on my end of things.

owenj492

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 08:38:06 AM »
You should have no problem selling it for a nice profit, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how the latest background checks are at a all time high, firearm sales up to 95%, ammo sales are at 135%, now is a good time to flip for a profit, and ammo is being flipped for a profit!

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 07:35:03 PM »
Late to the party, but if you were actually wanting to sell today, depending on where your located, AND if your willing to ship, you'll likely see $600 if your not in a hurry. Matching or not (they often don't) it will move at that because it's a Para. But the last one I got in December came out of a pawn shop for $320, but it has gotten a little nuts. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »
I hear you.  The last time my oldest son came to visit and I showed it to him, he said he wanted to buy it from me.  I will let him have it for the money I have into it.  $300 out the door for him.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 10:10:15 PM »
I'll be your son and pay you $350 + shipping. :) :) I'm sure he will be very happy. All the Para's I've seen on GB this week have been $600-$800
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 07:24:37 AM »
I'll be your son and pay you $350 + shipping. :) :) I'm sure he will be very happy. All the Para's I've seen on GB this week have been $600-$800
I will keep you in mind if he decides not to buy it and I decide to sell it.

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
Normally I'd chime in to buy a Para, but I lost my go-to FFL here in Kali and the others end up charging $100 to receive and $50 to DROS. I'm out of the game for now. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »
I hear you.  The last time my oldest son came to visit and I showed it to him, he said he wanted to buy it from me.  I will let him have it for the money I have into it.  $300 out the door for him.

I appreciate that, papa..... rofl
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »
Normally I'd chime in to buy a Para, but I lost my go-to FFL here in Kali and the others end up charging $100 to receive and $50 to DROS. I'm out of the game for now. PAX

Holy crap!!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 05:53:31 PM »

I'd tell them to DROS dead PAX,  :P rofl chuckles1.  BTW, good to see you around, knew you were out on a 3 month thing. Are you surviving the fires okay?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »

I'd tell them to DROS dead PAX,  :P rofl chuckles1.  BTW, good to see you around, knew you were out on a 3 month thing. Are you surviving the fires okay?

Hi Allan, thanks.

I've got Idaho digs, so I've gotten stuff sent there when I'm there. It's reasonable, $25 bucks to receive, which is the same as I had been paying. Additionally, in Kali you also need a "Firearms Safety Certificate" ($25 bucks), or a current hunting license, to purchase guns. Mine "expired" in June so I had to get a new one (they're good for 5 years-some how Kali firearm safety changes in 5 years), but I picked up a Brazilian 1911, a Para, a .41 mag Henry, and a Russian SKS that need transferred  ::)  8) PAX 

The fires are mostly under control. but the air is bad.
  You need a crew  

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »
Additionally, in Kali you also need a "Firearms Safety Certificate" ($25 bucks), or a current hunting license, to purchase guns. Mine "expired" in June so I had to get a new one (they're good for 5 years-some how Kali firearm safety changes in 5 years), but I picked up a Brazilian 1911, a Para, a .41 mag Henry, and a Russian SKS that need transferred  ::)  8) PAX 

The fires are mostly under control. but the air is bad.

Good to hear the fires are under control.

You mention 41 mag.

I created a monster several years ago. A friend of one of my boys wanted to shoot with us. He was playing some video game about WWII and one of my kids told him the I had all the stuff he was fooling around with in the game, so he got really excited. I told him that I'd be happy to take him shooting, but I'd need an OK from his parents.
His dad wanted to meet me before he'd say yes. That went pretty well. He asked if he could go along as he had "a couple of guns" that he didn't shoot much.
Turns out that he had a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag that he's inherited from his dad. He loved it, but had a really hard time finding ammo locally and wasn't going to order any ammo over the internet, even if he knew how to do that.
He showed up with 30 rounds for the pistol. It was in great shape, and he knew how to shoot it.
As we wrapped up the day, I asked him about reloading for the 41. He had never reloaded anything. He was very curious, but also very hesitant.
We  made plans for the next day for him to come over and I'd load some 45 Colt and show him how easy it is to do.

A week later, he wanted to pull the handle himself, so I set up a single stage and walked him through the process for a couple hundred rounds.
By this time, he was wanting to set up for himself. He came by the house and asked me if I thought he could get into loading on a budget. Those of us with kids know how tight money can be at times. We went into the room where I had all my gear and rummaged though my extra stuff. I found him a powder measure, an old balance scale, a hand primer, and a Lee C frame press.
He needed dies, a shell holder, and components. Off we went to Cabelas in search of the needed items.
By the end of the day, we had sourced everything and he'd cleared a spot on his work bench to bolt everything down.
The next Saturday we spent setting him up. I brought a couple of reloading manuals with me and we picked a couple of recipes for him and made about 20 of each for testing. We drove out to our shooting spot and he was smiling from ear to ear as we drove back to his place.
Like most, he had no idea how easy is is to load, and wanted to jump in with both feet.
He had saved every piece of brass he'd ever fired and he was raring to go, so he loaded every bit he could. He only had maybe a hundred pieces of brass plus maybe a half a box of store bought ammo, but he was a really happy camper because he could now shoot his dad's gun as much as he wanted.

Two weeks later he was dropping his son off at me place and asked me to come out to his truck to look at something. He'd found an old wooden ammo crate somewhere and had modified it to be a portable loading station he could take to the range with him. I thought it was pretty clever   I eventually found him another couple hundred empty cases from another local shooter that had no intention of ever using it. This guy thought I was some combination of Santa Clause and a saint for helping him out. I thought I was lucky to get rid of some stuff I wasn't gonna use, so I guess it worked out for both of us.

Sorry for the hijack.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 08:40:31 PM »
No story about reloading is a hijack, just a minor diversion thumb1 wink1.