Author Topic: Venezeulan SAFN49  (Read 380 times)

Offline Rozzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Venezeulan SAFN49
« on: June 29, 2023, 05:53:11 PM »
Decided to share some more pics of this thing after a trip to the range. I got it about 8 months ago for $450, it was only missing the top handguards along with the nose-piece. I was able to find a front that matches well now just have to find a back. The only other unoriginal aspects of the gun are the mismatched top cover and the paint stripping. However, I quite like the look of bare metal over the black paint. The 7mm Mauser chambering is a blessing and a curse. It's been a very flat shooting, fast, and reliable round so far, but just a little hard to come by - not as hard as I expected. Combined with this heavy rifle and muzzle brake, there is very little recoil. It handles new ppu and s&b just fine. I recently grabbed some Chilean surplus for it.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Venezeulan SAFN49
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 11:14:32 PM »
Heck man, you stole that one for $450 even with the minor issues. I’ve always wanted an FN49 in 7mm Mauser but they are not so terribly common to find and the price is usually double or triple what you paid. I haven’t seen surplus 7mm Mauser out there for a *very* long time. The surplus ammo market is simply not what it used to be. Sad to see, but it’s the reality of the times we line in.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 01:32:50 AM »
Definitely a great score if you spend less than $800 in parts to restore it. Excellent score  thumb1

Offline Rozzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 07:09:54 AM »
Oh yeah definitely, the handguards were ~$10/ea, the two piece firing pin and spring were another $10, and the rear sight and screws were maybe $5. So maybe $500 all said and done.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 12:41:46 AM by Rozzy »