Author Topic: Great day at the Osceola Shooting Range again!  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Great day at the Osceola Shooting Range again!
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:18:49 PM »
The 400 rounds of Red Army Standard I ordered came in Tuesday so I spent yesterday at the Osceola Range in Lake City again...what a GREAT day it was too!  banana time  shooting1

I thought these cartridges were sealed in green or red however mine were not sealed at all. This isn't an issue for me however as they functioned without a hiccup in my Russian & AR. I ordered 50 BXN stripper clips recently and they came in also, they're working great.

Loading rounds into the BXN clips

My apologies for not scaling these targets however the red bullseye is 1 inch and the black 9 ring is 4 inches. My shots hit high in the AR...

...and low in the Russian.

Big difference in the RAS and Wolf in my AR

Though I enjoyed my time shooting the HIGHLIGHT of my day was meeting Thomas, a German immigrant! And he had an SG43 made in 1935 that was absolutely beautiful. It had a side mounted 4X scope he said was made in 1962 with a quick disconnect and a reticle like the one shown below.

He really admired my SKS and at my offer, he enjoyed shooting it. So much so that he stated he would trade his Mauser for my Russian but I respectfully declined. I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of my first Russian SKS just yet! I asked if I could photograph his rifle and for whatever reason he declined. However, while he was firing a little later I could not resist sneaking in a few pics!