Author Topic: GB listings for July, 2016 - Special  (Read 2066 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for July, 2016 - Special
« on: August 24, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »
A single papered Romy this month.

Item Link   Description   # Bids   Starting Price   Final Price   Model   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   S/N   RM's Notes

571994342   Vietnam SKS Type 56 War Trophy with Capture Papers Rare Early Vietnam 1960 SKS Blade Bayonet   15   $0.01    $1,025.00    Romanian w/Papers   Refurbished   Fair   RC1156   I was really taken with this one at first, it's a very interesting gun!  The gun itself is clearly an M56.  S/N RC1156 which does equate to a 1960 build as the auction says.  Stock looks to be original, magazine is a Chinese letter G or L gun replacement.  (This pretty much answers both of Boris's VN capture questions on Gunboards, yes?)  Anyhow, the patina and condition are very "VN capture-esque".  The papers appear to be in order to me at first blush, though the second blue copy of the DD603-1 really bothers me.  It's clearly not a carbon copy as the signature as well as position of the "SFC" in the Grade/Rank box is clearly different.  Looking more closely, some of the text is what you'd expect from a carbon copy, but other aspects are clearly different such as the extra space before the "(DOI)".  The SSN is exactly the same and certain smudges and blemishes on the pages are exactly the same.  That makes my hair stand on end since this thing sold north of $1k.