Author Topic: a letter series sks with a ME twist  (Read 643 times)

Offline swede1894

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
a letter series sks with a ME twist
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:03:01 PM »
Here's some photos of one that I picked up a while back. 

Unfortunately, it's not completely matching but it has a ton of character.  It's import marked CAI ST ALB VT on the right side of the barrel and SKS 7.62 CHINA on the left.  The laminated stock is dual cut and has wood repairs at both the top and bottom of the buttplate.  It's filthy and covered in grey-tan gritty dirt.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: a letter series sks with a ME twist
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 04:50:29 PM »
Now that is a *neat* little carbine, Sweede!!  thumb1 

Oh, the stories it could tell if it could talk....

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 07:37:25 PM »
A dimond in the rough for sure, PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:27:08 PM »
Dude. First recorded letter series Israeli Capture, with that exact IC early import stamp and Arabic markings. Freaking fantastic. What a rare bird. Thanks for sharing. This supports the theory that the other few CAI ST "A" (Not ALB) VT letter series guns are indeed probably from there as well as we suspected. We finally have that " bridge " now. Hold onto that puppy.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 01:31:42 PM »
Dude. First recorded letter series Israeli Capture, with that exact IC early import stamp and Arabic markings. Freaking fantastic. What a rare bird. Thanks for sharing. This supports the theory that the other few CAI ST "A" (Not ALB) VT letter series guns are indeed probably from there as well as we suspected. We finally have that " bridge " now. Hold onto that puppy.

8)

Suspicions now with supporting evidence. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 01:32:26 PM »
Hell of a rifle swede….    clap1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 02:06:50 PM »

8)

Yep. The one other oddball like this one was the /666\ I sold GM, ST ALB as well, and if I recall correctly, it had a mismatched trigger, from I believe a V-series. He'd have to chime in to confirm. Matching patina too.

Nice to have an actual letter series pop up like this w/Arabic markings. That basically confirms it for us nerds.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 03:02:46 PM »

8)

Yep. The one other oddball like this one was the /666\ I sold GM, ST ALB as well, and if I recall correctly, it had a mismatched trigger, from I believe a V-series. He'd have to chime in to confirm. Matching patina too.

Nice to have an actual letter series pop up like this w/Arabic markings. That basically confirms it for us nerds.

Are you talking about my V letter 5 digit with this same import stamp variation?

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 04:22:00 PM »

8)

Are you talking about my V letter 5 digit with this same import stamp variation?

That one would apply but I'm talking about the "ST ALB" /666\ I sold GM. Had a V series trigger on it.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 02:10:40 PM »
Yup.. the /666 does have a V series trigger  thumb1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 12:11:07 AM »
Yup.. the /666 does have a V series trigger  thumb1

Nice that's what I thought

Offline swede1894

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 08:17:58 PM »
Wow, thank you for the great info! 

I just picked it up because i had been looking for one with markings on the stock.  I was disappointed that it wasn't matching and almost passed on it.  The carbine looks like it's been thru the repair shops multiple times.  The black paint on the magazine looks a little goofy but the patina of the metal ,where it's been worn through, matches the rest of it nicely.