Author Topic: 10 mil /26\  (Read 11223 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
10 mil /26\
« on: May 22, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »
Picked up my new 1965 10 mil /26\ today. Got it from my friend I used to work with, who got me into shooting (and SKSs). He's had it for over 15 years himself.

Very nice shape. Has the original sling, side mounted (this was a split year for mounting).

And the best part...picked her up this morning, and headed right to the range and shot her (along with the new M).  tommy1

Here's a comparison pic with my 73... 73 on top, 65 on bottom. 65 stock is a bit darker wood. The 73 also has it's original later style spring attached sling...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:32:06 PM by Power Surge »

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: 10 mil /26\
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
My 10m is very similar, yet a slightly later cousin by about 40k guns...with an oil finish vs shellac.  I really think the Chinese were getting really good at these by that point.  I love the build quality on my 10m more than any of the rest of my Chinese.

You sure are picking up some beauties lately!  thumb1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
You sure are picking up some beauties lately!  thumb1

I second that Power Surge...those are some sharp looking beauties. Hey I'm only about 4 hrs from you, if you ever need someone to baby-sit your SKSs...let me know!!  ;)   drool2

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
Hey...  I thought you were not in to run of the mill chinese.   :P

Looks great...  its a keeper for sure.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »

Oddly it does bother me a bit having two guns so similar, yet I don't want to part with either one! I love my /0406b\ gun, but what SKS collection isn't complete without a /26\ gun? I mean...that's the one that started it all  :P

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 06:37:37 AM »
That is a sweet looking 10 mil Power Surge!  Very nice!

John Galt
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 08:24:46 AM »

Oddly it does bother me a bit having two guns so similar, yet I don't want to part with either one! I love my /0406b\ gun, but what SKS collection isn't complete without a /26\ gun? I mean...that's the one that started it all  :P
Can an SKS collection ever be complete?!  rofl

Nice carbine!  thumb1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Nice carbine!  thumb1

I don't think it ever could be complete either. There's always just one more variant to go chasing after!  thumb1

That's a nice looking carbine PS!  I can see why you like it so much.  thumb1

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »

rofl You can always find at least a lil something different to get rid of that feeling. Last week, I got what I consider a run of the mill just because it had a D marked rear sight leaf.

See.....different  chuckles1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »
[d at least a lil something different to get rid of that feeling. Last week, I got what I consider a run of the mill just because it had a D marked rear sight leaf.

See.....different  chuckles1

Wait, you got a new SKS and we haven't seen it yet?! doh1

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »

Wait, you got a new SKS and we haven't seen it yet?! doh1

rofl rofl rofl LOL 2 actually  8)  See......Mosinitus hasn't completely ate my brain ...yet.  The run of the mill with the D sight leaf/ladder and.......wait for it....... an awesomely odd... SIX CORP SKS with as imported detachable bayo. ( A new 1 on me and very little info out there on 'em)  heehee

Been wanting to post 'em up but.... busy as all get out and ocd about trying to get perfect pics and doing a nice write up on 'em.. I've got a bunch on the six corps though just gotta see if I took any of the other 1.

Oh and a couple new NORINCO Tokarevs as well, 7.62x25 and 9mm. and maybe even a few YUGO/ Serbian Toks thrown in just to shake things up. ( You can thank/blame "The Enabler" for the new found TOK Love)

Not trying to thread jack ya Surge... You keep on keeping on man , You are coming up with some beauts......I still haven't got my 1st SKS that takes AK mags yet....and your up to 2  cry1   thumb1

oh and RM....I got another Polish Mosin too  rofl2
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:04 PM »
oh and RM....I got another Polish Mosin too  rofl2

Seriously hippie?!?!

I thought PS was bad with his three in a week!!! cry1

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
 chuckles1 chuckles1 Oh...Saw that did ya?  rofl2

I just keep telling myself as long as my mosins don't start to outnumber my SKS's .... I don't have a problem....  8)

Now....Just have to figure out how to rationalize this Tokarev addiction... I know, I've heard Makarov's help...

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »
Looks like an epidemic has hit some of our fellow members. Power Surge, armedhippie...you are confined to the LGS for thirty days.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »

Nice carbine!  thumb1

I don't think it ever could be complete either. There's always just one more variant to go chasing after!  thumb1

Thats not true, the collection is complete when the wife says so..... ;)

That's a nice looking carbine PS!  I can see why you like it so much.  thumb1
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline escobert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 02:20:24 AM »
Nice looking rifle in the op. so 10xxxxxx is 65? I was under the impression it was 66? I have a 10xxxxxx that looks almost identical. About 100k after yours.
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 03:51:31 AM »
Nice looking rifle in the op. so 10xxxxxx is 65? I was under the impression it was 66? I have a 10xxxxxx that looks almost identical. About 100k after yours.

Check out this link....

1961-69 / 6-14MIL - Chinese SKS Guide

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline escobert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »
Hmmm. So I'd seen similar pages to those you guys suggested. Should I just make a new thread on my rifle and throw some pictures up? I don't wanna highjack this thread:p
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 11:56:35 AM »
Hmmm. So I'd seen similar pages to those you guys suggested. Should I just make a new thread on my rifle and throw some pictures up? I don't wanna highjack this thread:p

If you saw similar pages on "another board", let me explain the difference. ....

Remember in grade school we learned how at one point in history people thought the world was flat, and despite new findings and information, some people just wanted to believe what they already new and didn't want to hear the world was really round? Yeah.....that's the other board...

And go ahead a start a new thread on your 10 mil, so we can all comment on it :)