Author Topic: Bolt action purchase part 1  (Read 4725 times)

Offline lowell66dart

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
Re: Bolt action purchase part 1
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »
It wasn't me but....I was temped to ask you where it was.
I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up...

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »
Day late and a dollar short, went in today and they sold the CZ527 yesterday. Now I got nothing. cry1

Now days, more than ever, if you see something that remotely catches your eye, you gotta go for the beat down then and there  ::) PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 06:16:57 PM »
Guys, not knocking what you are saying. Experience tells me the Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 is the best caliber you can use to SURVIVE. It will bring down big game, humans and most anything you can get in the scope .It can shoot flatter, farther, than you can see. I have an M96, 1901. That will be the last rifle I get ride of. Sorta of a side note: Biden is going after the wrong rifles.
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 07:02:55 PM »
Guys, not knocking what you are saying. Experience tells me the Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 is the best caliber you can use to SURVIVE. It will bring down big game, humans and most anything you can get in the scope .It can shoot flatter, farther, than you can see. I have an M96, 1901. That will be the last rifle I get ride of. Sorta of a side note: Biden is going after the wrong rifles.

FUnny you bring that up Marcus, I just handled a sporterized Swedish Mauser today still in the 6.5x55 caliber. It was beat looking but okay functionally. Unfortunately the guy wanted $500 for it.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 07:25:52 PM »
Agreed. 6.5 Swede is very good. It is one of the most popular European calibers.  No wonder 6.5 creedmoor (which is very similar) took off like crazy. The down side is cost and availability in the US. Realistically most of us (even in a survival scenario) will rarely shoot beyond 300. And 7.62x39 is adequate within 300 yards. Not to mention I can use it for SKS too :)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »
Agreed. 6.5 Swede is very good. It is one of the most popular European calibers.  No wonder 6.5 creedmoor (which is very similar) took off like crazy. The down side is cost and availability in the US. Realistically most of us (even in a survival scenario) will rarely shoot beyond 300. And 7.62x39 is adequate within 300 yards. Not to mention I can use it for SKS too :)

And a bolt action Ruger...IF I CAN EVER FIND ONE!!! cry1 cry1 chuckles1 chuckles1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2021, 08:14:34 PM »

I'm liking 7X57 a lot these days. I've ben building a stash of 139-140 grain, a few boxes at a time, for runnin in a Venezuelan FN49. I got some milsurp 170 gr. for a Spanish 1916 carbine too. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798