Author Topic: Took a CZ-70 in on trade  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Took a CZ-70 in on trade
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:52:05 AM »
Looks BNIB and still has packing grease on it. Leather shoulder harness has never been used and looks new. Any thoughts on value?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Took a CZ-70 in on trade
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
I have no idea on value, but I sure like it.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
Good looking piece, kinda looks like a James Bond pistol!!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:17:03 AM »
The name is Bond, James Bond! LOL

I posted this up in the Czech section on Gunboards and found out the holster is somewhat rare and definitely Czech. Somebody had mentioned it could be for a EG Mak, but it has the crossed short sword emblem for Czechoslovakia. Everything is present and correct for a complete unissued 1976 Vzor(CZ) 70
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »
Nice!  I got an early SN CZ50 for $210 last Spring from SOG and they're currently selling the CZ70s for $200 but with only 1 mag and no holster (and it's a crap shoot, even with the $10 hand select).  I would guess this is worth around $275-300 with the extra mag ($25-30), a non matching box ($5-10) and holster (?).  If it's really unissued then you'd certainly be north of $200 for the pistol. Just a WAG on the total since I don't know the current value of the holsters.  I'd do some ebay/GB market research on the holster if I were you.  Personally, I'd have a hard time paying more than 20% of the value of the pistol for a holster, but I'm not speaking as a hard core collector of these Eastern Bloc pistols.  Some of the guys over on the CZ forum may be quietly drooling, who knows   :))

If you keep it, they are fun little guns to shoot.  Not much kick with that .32 ACP, 7.65x17mm Browning. My wife and step-daughter enjoy the CZ50, and that's not meant to disparage it, I'm just saying it's a non-threatening shooter.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
SOG has them for $13 + shipping so probably about $20 total. On Ebay I saw a couple at $30 and $35(to be expected)

As to the box, I know they imported the 70's in the 50 boxes. This is not necessarily the incorrect box as the SN matches from the pistol to both the box and the target. I think that is just how CZ was getting rid of surplus stuff.
Biggest problem for me on the holster is the fact that it is a righty and I am a lefty.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »
As to the box, I know they imported the 70's in the 50 boxes. This is not necessarily the incorrect box as the SN matches from the pistol to both the box and the target. I think that is just how CZ was getting rid of surplus stuff.
Oh, cool.  I just meant it said 50 not 70 but that's great that the paper work matches.