Author Topic: Spare Parts  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Spare Parts
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:17:33 AM »
I can't be the only one.. Whenever I have extra money after ammo & mags, I'll try to spend a few bucks on spare parts, such as springs that can't be easily replaced at the hardware store, or pins, extractors, etc

I say get em' while they're cheap and available. May not be that way some day. So this is just a reminder I suppose.

thumb1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Spare Parts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »
Danged good point Worm and thanks for the reminder. We can have dozens of firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo but if we break an extractor or some other part, that particular firearm is nothing more than an expensive club without spare parts. The same concept should be applied to other items in our inventory also that may require repair.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
You betcha Danny. Sometimes it's hard to justify spending "this" much or "that" on a particular part but in my opinion it is a necessity. I now have at least one extra of every type of spring for my Ak, including an extra extractor like you mentioned.

Springs are always first on my list. Some springs could easily be replaced by hardware store springs and/or springs of the same or similar dimension & tension. But where would you find an AK hammer or recoil spring if parts weren't available? Probably nowhere, and a part like that is necessary.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »
We have spring kits for all our handguns & long guns, but I need to get off my butt and order some parts that are prone to breaking. Like you said, it can be expensive but when firearms start going down and we can't get the parts....."uh oh" is not an option!