Author Topic: Mfgr Info?  (Read 482 times)

Offline AK4779

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Mfgr Info?
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:32:26 AM »

Does anyone know date of manufacture or any other info?  Thanks!  Serial # 432XX
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 02:08:49 PM by running-man »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Mfgr Info?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
I split your post off the original so you can get responses w/o having to deal with that other thread.  Welcome to the boards. 

If this was an SKS I would have said that's a late commercial import with a scrubbed receiver as the S/N doesn't follow convention.  I don't know about AK's, but others here will.  Can you tell us what weapon it is (std. AK, semi auto made for civilian market, etc.), where and in what time frame it was obtained (back in the 80's vs. recently?), and what the import stamp is?  That info will probably help the guys out quite a bit.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Mfgr Info?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »
If your  serial number is 432XX, then your Chinese Type 56 Assault Rifle would be a 4th year production, or 1959 manufacture at the /66\ state arsenal in China. It's a full auto gun and under the NFA rules. Without seeing the rest of the firearm I can't confirm much else, just speculate. The picture given looks like it may be blurred out to the left of the 4 in the serial number. Are there any other numbers to the left of the 4?

The receiver is in really fine condition for a 4th year production, if that indeed is the correct serial number. I'd love to see pics of the whole thing!

Thanks for posting and welcome to the 'Files!

firstchoice