Author Topic: Triangle arsenal stamp production 'protocols'  (Read 175 times)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Triangle arsenal stamp production 'protocols'
« on: March 13, 2021, 04:26:33 PM »
I might be getting into the "questioning the "written word" zone...  bat1

I've searched all over the interweb, (keywords, word arrangement, syntax, etc.) for attribution, origin, and so on - on anything, from rumor to speculation, to gospel; on the creation of the triangle (or any other stamp for that matter).

Sourcing the correct way to read the triangle arsenal stamp. The PRC's 'Bureau of Firearms Stamps & Proofmarks' resulted in zero hits.  rofl

So, if/if it's left to right and inside of the triangle, e.g. /26\, no problemo. BUT, if the stamp uses the  outline as the first digit, how should it be read?

For instance, the 256. Could it be 625? Wisdom or flame, I can handle it.  cry1

image upload

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Triangle arsenal stamp production 'protocols'
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »
I have absolutely nothing to back me up on this, but I have always held to the standard reading practice (outside of Hebrew[right to left] or any symbol written language that goes up and down[but is still top to bottom]) of left to right and top to bottom.

the 256/625 the six is still on top as it surrounds, there are other stamps ending in 5 so why not 625.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline firstchoice

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 12:43:07 AM »
I have absolutely nothing to back me up on this, but I have always held to the standard reading practice (outside of Hebrew[right to left] or any symbol written language that goes up and down[but is still top to bottom]) of left to right and top to bottom.

the 256/625 the six is still on top as it surrounds, there are other stamps ending in 5 so why not 625.

My thought as well. At first glance, I would read it as /625\. But who knows for sure?

firstchoice

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »
For what its worth...  625 became 256 when we saw it on a crate imported to canada and thats how we know that one. Also proves we have no idea on which order those numbers are to be read until we have evidence....hence the ?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 05:59:32 PM »
I'm going with /256\. Your thread link was an excellent reminder of the methodology, albeit complex, that the PRC associated with production goals for any given build year.