Author Topic: Box of guns  (Read 5233 times)

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: Box of guns
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 03:19:31 PM »
What letter block are these? I would try and sell a 2,3 or 4 block or all in blocks of 2. Not individually if they were mine. And when you decide I may be interested.  thumb1

I would tend toward this line. If they are all the same letter block then sell in pairs or above, collectors will like this. And if someone wants three then it is at a premium price because that means someone else will possibly NOT get a sequential pair.
If these are truely pristine, as they appear, Starting at no less than $1600 a pair and if they want a third then $2500 for 3, 4 at $3200.

As Bob mentioned, if more than 1 letter block then separate by letters and sell accordingly.

As for shipping, you are in a good area for people to travel and do a local FFL near you to eliminate all that. Otherwise, find a dealer or carton/box company where you can get or buy on the cheap good boxes(heavy duty) to ship in. If shipping in pairs it's going to run at least $75 insured I imagine. Keep n mind, M59/66A1s are longer than other SKSs and will need a longer box. This adds to cost. over 48" they hit you with a $15 surcharge with FedEx. I know USPS and UPS do the same but not sure how much. USPS has a shorter length cutoff than UPS and FedEx. Can you tell I've done this a time or two before? :))

Good info and thoughts.  Thank you.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
What letter block are these? I would try and sell a 2,3 or 4 block or all in blocks of 2. Not individually if they were mine. And when you decide I may be interested.  thumb1

Lol... or maybe I just offer them to you guys. 

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 03:28:04 PM »

That is another option that is open to some thought.  And you would not have to pay a fee for listing them up on the broker. 

owenj492

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
There is a Lebanon (TN) Gun Show coming up in Nov. 7 and 8....

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/lebanon-tn-gun-show/

Is that at the AG extension building?

https://rkshows.com/event/lebanon-tn-gun-show-4/

Copied from website https://rkshows.com/event/lebanon-tn-gun-show-4/

Wilson County Exposition Center
945 East Baddour Parkway
Lebanon, TN 37087 United States

OR other cities in TN

https://rkshows.com/events/category/tennessee/

I found this auction site on a TN Gun Owner website:

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 03:29:40 PM »

I'm sure a few of us here would grab some. You already have Owen on the hook, LOL. I should get a free one just for all the quality information I have imparted. chuckles1 chuckles1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
There is a Lebanon (TN) Gun Show coming up in Nov. 7 and 8....

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/lebanon-tn-gun-show/

Is that at the AG extension building?

https://rkshows.com/event/lebanon-tn-gun-show-4/

Copied from website https://rkshows.com/event/lebanon-tn-gun-show-4/

Wilson County Exposition Center
945 East Baddour Parkway
Lebanon, TN 37087 United States

OR other cities in TN

https://rkshows.com/events/category/tennessee/

I found this auction site on a TN Gun Owner website:

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/

Yep I gotcha... That kinda where we get our duck blind drawing done for old hickory lake upper and lower. 

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 03:35:46 PM »

I'm sure a few of us here would grab some. You already have Owen on the hook, LOL. I should get a free one just for all the quality information I have imparted. chuckles1 chuckles1

Or maybe you get first dibs.  lol.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »

Truthfully, I am not really into M59/66A1s that much. If I got one I would want a cheap parts gun that I could customize. They make excellent shooters when the gas block is shut off. Great for hunting when you want to salvage the casing.

That's why I quit looking at them, I was always too tempted to "play" with it and didn't want to destroy a nice complete one. I may be crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy. rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

owenj492

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »
Greatguns, I have two each M59/66 barreled receivers that I would sale, one has a bent hood on the front sight, let me know via PM if interested.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »

Truthfully, I am not really into M59/66A1s that much. If I got one I would want a cheap parts gun that I could customize. They make excellent shooters when the gas block is shut off. Great for hunting when you want to salvage the casing.

That's why I quit looking at them, I was always too tempted to "play" with it and didn't want to destroy a nice complete one. I may be crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy. rofl

I gotcha... well I was called crazy when I purchased these some time back but we shall see who is really crazy.

owenj492

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »
I find it AWESOME that yo have crates of Yugo SKS rifles, in fact I'm jealous!

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »
I find it AWESOME that yo have crates of Yugo SKS rifles, in fact I'm jealous!

Thank you... now tell that to my wife. 

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
It ain't crazy, it's an investment. If you bought those back in the day at, let's say $200 per just for argument sake, that's $4000 for 2 full crates. That is about 5 rifles right now so you are getting about a 400% return on your investment.

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »
It ain't crazy, it's an investment. If you bought those back in the day at, let's say $200 per just for argument sake, that's $4000 for 2 full crates. That is about 5 rifles right now so you are getting about a 400% return on your investment.

That sounds about right.  Milsurps have regularly beaten my regular stock portfolio pretty consistently through the years.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 04:28:06 PM »

That sounds about right.  Milsurps have regularly beaten my regular stock portfolio pretty consistently through the years.

If you bought those 20 years ago that would be, without really doing the math, about a 12-14% APY

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »
I would sell them in pairs at whatever you think one is worth times two. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »
I'll basically echo what echo1 said  ;) ...If they were mine, and I wanted/needed to sell, I'd probably sell in pairs with a modest premium for the consecutive pair.

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
What do you guys think is a fair price for a minty Yugo from a crate these days? I never got one and I'm thinking it might be time before all these crates become nonexistent...

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2020, 11:32:58 AM »
What do you guys think is a fair price for a minty Yugo from a crate these days? I never got one and I'm thinking it might be time before all these crates become nonexistent...

A guy on Gunbroker has had a crate up for auction with a starting price of $9,999.99 and nobody has touched it yet. That's $1000 each + freight and possible tax. :o
I'm thinking $6,999.99 to start might get a bid. Individually you are probably looking at $700 minimum in this market and probably up to $1000.

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
I'll buy one of the empty boxes from you. How much?Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.