Author Topic: AK Mags And Pouches. Post 'Em Up.  (Read 4370 times)

Online Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: AK Mags And Pouches. Post 'Em Up.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 02:41:49 PM »
Middle Eastern Chestrigs

Afghanistan: street bazaar made rig using leather. They come in many styles with decorations. I obtained this one from the Silah Report store.

This one looks like a bra that belongs to the "very large woman" the dread pirate Roberts(Westley) told Fezzik to dream of in Princess Bride. :o
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »
Or it belongs in a BeDazzle commercial.  chuckles1

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »
That bazaar made rig has charm all it's own.
I'd be happy to have one.

Just got 4 Chicom chest rigs. 2 are 4 pocket with 2 small pockets, and 2 are 3 pocket with 4 small pockets.
All are near mint.

A couple of these could wind up on the block.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 07:22:09 PM »
I've got a 7 pocket Chinese that 6 pockets are for 20 round AK mags and the 7th is for the cleaning supplies, etc. All are the same size and too short for 30rnd mags, but the 7th is lined to protect from oil/solvent. This is different than the other Chinese 7 pocket bandolier I've seen. The other one has 5 pouches for 20/30rnd mags and the outer 2 are smaller which may be for stripper clips or something???
Might try and find another one because I fit my daughter's 20rnd Tapco mags and they fit great.

Don't have mags yet but they are on the way.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 08:31:18 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 10:33:09 PM »
Aw crap, GG.
Now I gotta scrounge up on of those rigs.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Online Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2020, 03:51:15 PM »
Okay, finally got my 20rnd AK mags and was going to post up pics of them in the bandolier. Problem is, the flaps won't close, well, they will on some but not all. It's like they are not quite the right mag. Wondering if the bandolier is for AK-74 mags instead of AK-47 mags. Any thoughts?(see my previous post)

Just got 4 Chicom chest rigs. 2 are 4 pocket with 2 small pockets, and 2 are 3 pocket with 4 small pockets.
All are near mint!

Pics Larry, we need pics.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »
Okay, finally got my 20rnd AK mags and was going to post up pics of them in the bandolier. Problem is, the flaps won't close, well, they will on some but not all. It's like they are not quite the right mag. Wondering if the bandolier is for AK-74 mags instead of AK-47 mags. Any thoughts?(see my previous post)

All are near mint!

Pics Larry, we need pics.

I gotta knuckle down and learn how to do it.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2021, 01:10:48 AM »
I've got a 7 pocket Chinese that 6 pockets are for 20 round AK mags and the 7th is for the cleaning supplies, etc. All are the same size and too short for 30rnd mags, but the 7th is lined to protect from oil/solvent. This is different than the other Chinese 7 pocket bandolier I've seen. The other one has 5 pouches for 20/30rnd mags and the outer 2 are smaller which may be for stripper clips or something???
Might try and find another one because I fit my daughter's 20rnd Tapco mags and they fit great.

Don't have mags yet but they are on the way.

Hey GG! Late to your post but I saw you were inquiring about your mag pouch and thought I'd throw in my $.02. I think you've got a Chinese Type 63 chest pouch. The mags for the Type 63 are a bit shorter than the usual 20rd AK mags. (Say, as compared to the Hungarian 20rd "Tanker" mags)

Pic of the Chinese Type 63 rifle...

Three examples of the Type 63 20 rd mags...

Pictures of two Type 63 mags atop a Hungarian 20rd "Tanker" mag for length comparison...

I'm not sure how the Tapco 20rd. mags compare in length to the Hungarian 20rd "Tanker" mags but it'd probably be close.?  It'd be my best guess, anyhow... thumb1

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »
Well done, FC.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Online Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 09:50:20 AM »
Thanks FC, I figured it was something like that cause the KCI 20rnd mags I got for it barely fit.