Author Topic: GM aka "The Enabler" strikes again!...or My matching Romanian M44  (Read 8155 times)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
I was browsing through the files, minding my own, when a message pops up. GM "innocently" mentions a Romy M44 in my neck of the woods. Knowing that he's out for me to drain my Finn account , I still take a look and it IS a nice Romy for sure.

Another message pops up, a pic this time, GM holding a pillow case, over an I 81 overpass, full with what could be doe eyed lil puppies and kittens. nailbite1

Another message...stating it might be in my best interest to try for that Romy. Being the kind hearted fella I am, I had to rush out and get it...Ya'know, for the puppies sake...

Here she is....1955 ALL matching Romanian M44 with ( as far as I see so far) all Romanian parts. Enjoy and feel free to point out anything interesting or out of place.

Check out this bore and I haven't even ran a patch through it yet...

With my mix master Polish...

So I rush a message back saying I've got it and to pull the pillow case away from the edge...a few mins later I get a pic and an lol. GM grinning ear to ear with the open pillow case. Turns out it was just full of rotten taters and empty PBR cans.... Besplode

rofl Just couldn't take the chance I guess...He got what he wanted, Those Finnish mosins are safe for at least a week or two...

Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
Re: GM aka "The Enabler" strikes again!...or My matching Romanian M44
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »
Good catch hippie, that's a real beauty! Maybe Greasemonkey isn't so bad afterall.  ;)

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:38 AM »
What do those things cost? I have never seen a matching Romanian M44 and in such beautiful shape! 

Green with envy here!

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »
Sweet!  Nice rifle!   thumb1

John Galt
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »
Boy... almost makes me wanna buy a  :-X :-X :-X   :o

I dunno if they come any nicer than that man.... way to go!

Something in the back of my mind is telling me GM must have had alternative motives somewhere.  Like itwas a ddistraction of some sort.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »
Oh yeah, now thats nice, real nice thumb1  Thats pure unadulterated Romanian goodness right thar, and causes movement in the cintas britches drool2  chuckles1 rofl2

Only est 31,000 produced in '55, and a total match is quite rare.

I'm glad the 'ol sack of rotten taters and empty PBR cans worked. Now, I gotta find the hippie a Romy SKS, time to search these hills and hollars, so when hippie gets the urge or extra funds, it can be pointed away from Finns.  Gotta knock the competition down a bit on the Finns. rofl

Something in the back of my mind is telling me GM must have had alternative motives somewhere.  Boy... almost makes me wanna buy a  :-X :-X :-X   :

I'm getting close, you,  YOU, almost wanna buy a  :-X :-X :-X,   do it, come to the dark side, we have cookies, recoil and.................fireballs fart1 rofl2 chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »
Good luck with that.  I have me eyeball on something already, and Sasquatch pressure dont work on this guy.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »
Good luck with that.  I have me eyeball on something already, and Sasquatch pressure dont work on this guy.

Whatever, :-*  I'll send a photo of a Soviet Sino and an I.C. capture duct tapped to the rails just down from the house,  I always wondered what a couple a thousand tons of freight cars and coal would do a rifle..  It plays hell with deer, cows and cars,  rofl

Again,  hippie, glad I could enable your hunt, and you gotta hellaish deal. thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 03:43:36 PM »
Dammit hippie! 

What the hell happened, one minute I've got like 3 guys all around me who refuse to be tempted, the next minute I'm standing all alone and they are all fondling their new boat paddles!  doh1

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »
What the hell happened, one minute I've got like 3 guys all around me who refuse to be tempted, the next minute I'm standing all alone and they are all fondling their new boat paddles!  doh1

Your not alone RM, I don't have a boat paddle either.  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 04:14:20 PM »
Hey..   I still refuse to buy!!

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

Again,  hippie, glad I could enable your hunt, and you gotta hellaish deal. thumb1

Its much appreciated man, Thanks again for the heads up  thumb1 ulterior motives be damned...This Romy is down right Sexy!

What do those things cost? I have never seen a matching Romanian M44 and in such beautiful shape! 

Green with envy here!

I'm still looking into that myself but before I got it in person, I was thinking sounds like fair market value but now that I have it ...I have no problem that I didn't try and haggle at $300 with 2 20rd packs of surplus ammo and that non original, new sling.

If any1 knows some average sale prices on similar 1's I would love to know. From what I've read,I don't think Romys are getting the attn. they deserve quite yet but That will most definitely change as years go by ( these are the least production numbered M44) So good deals are probably out there. A lot of these are being sold/advertized as Izzy's because they look so similar.

Dammit hippie! 

rofl rofl rofl Sorry man...You gotta admit this Romy is sexy as all get out though. thumb1

And a M44 is more of a canoe or small john boat paddle compared to a M91  rofl Fondling?  chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 Most definitely sir, come to the darkside and fondle 1 yourself....You'll like it...you'll be surprised how much in fact. ;)

Heck guys it was just last year when I still was dead set on not having 1 of these dang boat oars....Just pick up a Finnish and see if you can put it down. Sadly...I could not.

Hey RM I still got ya back...only thing is...Now I'm just trying to slip a Mosin sling over it  rofl
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline scarymike23

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »
Dammit hippie! 

Oh just you wait RM... I've been lying in wait, but maybe I'll them up with Grease Monkey to convince you to fill the dull ache of that Mosin shaped gap in your collection. You're next, my friend. YOU'RE NEXT.

(Also, that's a gorgeous firearm Hippie! Really well done!)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »
Dammit hippie! 

Haters gonna hate!!!!    rofl. I've tempted him with another, I just ain't made up my mind to sell.. 

RM, just ease slowly into it, one is all it takes. Don't go hogwild off the bat.

Offline Ol Relic

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:28 PM »
I've never seen a decent Romanian M44 in the wild.  That one is way beyond merely decent-congrats!  thumb1