Author Topic: New furniture for the E code 59/66  (Read 3184 times)

Offline jeepguy

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
New furniture for the E code 59/66
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »
I traded a Chinese star mag for this set of well worn wood. Anyone know what this says?  I'm guessing a name maybe?

I love the trench art, gives a lot of the "been there done that" to the rifle. The gas tube finish is about shot and doesn't match unfortunately.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: New furniture for the E code 59/66
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:44:32 PM »
Sharp looking jeepguy, I really like the trench art also, it adds "character"! I haven't a clue what any of it is or means, maybe someone else that has an idea will be along shortly.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
It isn't uncommon for the gas tube wood and stock wood to not quite match...on Yugo's at least it seems.  Often it is a sign of refurbing....I think the gas tubes would get a 2:1 ratio at best for being swapped out vs. stocks.  Even the armorers probably hated driving those pins out.  :)

Me not being all that into trench art, I think you sold yourself a bit short trading the star mag for the stock....Yugo stocks rarely go for even half of what you could get for a 20 rounder these days.  I am a bit torn on how I feel about those mags though....never having one, I have heard that they can be troublesome...I kicked around the idea of getting one to replace a mismatched mag, but for the price they command I never did....and, I just solved that problem for less than $11.   ;)

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:31:47 PM »
I would also guess the first is a name, although the characters seem strange sort of like Cyrillic strange, and I'm not sure what to make of that. The second is a Serbian Cross, it's seen carved on a lot of rifles and in some of the heraldry from that region.

A lot of star mags went through GB this spring ranging from about 57 to 106 $, I think the middle was around 70 +/-. If you got a h/g with gas tube as well as the stock that's probably close enough to even. I don't collect trench art but I like it, I agree that and good old-fashioned wear give them character. That should all come together nicely jeep, let us know how it goes.

Edit - I guess it already did come together, let us know how it shoots  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:41:26 PM by SKhiSm 59-66A1 »
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline jeepguy

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »
The only gas tube I have seen on the bay was beat up too and it was 70 bucks so I don't think I made out too bad.  I have all the parts i need, I am having problems getting the sight block off the donor barrel stub.