Author Topic: Defunct & Debunked: The exDDR and Russian sales September 2014  (Read 8284 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Defunct & Debunked: The exDDR and Russian sales September 2014
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »
Welcome to the sksfiles first installment of the Russian sales report. If you're not familiar with it, here's the gist:

I track all Russian SKS sales on Gunbroker, report the price here and give a little snippet of a description of what the gun was. It should help give everyone an idea of what the SKS market is doing, and whether it's a good time to buy or sell, or help a rookie appraise their gun by comparing it to other sales. I crack a few jokes along the way. Runningman comes in and calls me an elitist snob. I remind him of his diminutive stature and my towering Legendary status. Maybe we spark some talk or debate on the weird, interesting, or questionable guns that sold. Let's get to it.

This was another exciting month in the Russian SKS world. To my dismay, it seems that the "ExDDR" subset of Russian SKS has been obliterated, as they are now merely Russian refurbs without any connection whatsoever to East Germany. It's been discovered that what was assumed to be the icon of DDR possession, the /1\ on the SKS receiver, is really just the symbol for an arsenal in the town of Liski. So, as of now, I do not feel comfortable calling these rifles exDDRs in the sales report. They're just good ol' Russian refurbs.

Let's get to the sales.

The Collectors

$475.00
'51 Tula Nonrefurb- Great deal on a well-used original. Charcoal & sunburst wood showing scattered dings & nicks, dent in the mag, freckling in the metal.
-----------------
$546.00
'51 Tula Nonrefurb- Straight up stolen. Beautiful sunburst stock, nice crisp cartouches. Awesome rifle.
--------------
$525.00
'53 Tula Nonrefurb- Kind of an insufficient photo presentation but it looks like an honest if unspectacular nonrefurb. One gouge in the stock. Good buy. BIN.
-----------------
$680.00
'53 Tula Nonrefurb- Nice, clean, mint original Tula. Beauty & a great buy.
-----------------
$705.00
'53 Tula Nonrefurb- The seller linked a bunch of photobucket pics to the auction but deleted them, so I'm stuck looking at only the one pic he loaded on GB. This looks like a nice, honest original Tula. Great buy.
-----------------
$1000
'53 Izhevsk Refurb- Heavy BBQ in forced birch.
-----------------
$510.00
'54 Tula Nonrefurb- Metal & wood show scattered flaws but the charcoal & sunburst stock is downright sexy. Great buy on an original.
------------------
$555.00
'54 Izhevsk Refurb- Strange gun here, not sure what to make of it. Rough, dented, freckled metal in the blue. The blade is scratched to all hell. The stock is rough and has an odd finish, looks like Truoil, could be the poor photography. I don't think it's even a Russian stock. Oh well.
------------------
$1200
'54 Izhevsk Refurb- I think someone here was still seduced by the "exDDR" allure. Too much money on a refurbished Iz. Decent enough gun though. The seller is a stud psycho racist. QUIT EDITING MY POSTS TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD  rofl
-----------------
$1275
'54 Izhevsk Nonrefurb- Masterpiece of Izhevsk craftsmanship. You'll never find a nicer one. Great buy.
-----------------
$1300
'54 Izhevsk Nonrefurb- This gun "sold" last month for $2200 but the seller was caught red-handed in some scumbaggy shilling shenanigans, so it got relisted when his alter ego was the original winning bidder. Nice looking Izhevsk, signature blonde birch, beautiful deep blue metal. Great gun, good price for a rare piece. Funny how things sell for normal market values when auctions aren't getting shilled.
-------------------

The Shooters

$332.78
'50 Tula Refurb- Bbq, cracked & gouged stock.
---------------
$420.00
'50 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ refurb in replacement hardwood.
---------------
$425.00
'50 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ in laminate. BIN.
----------------
$456.00
'50 Tula Refurb- Bubba boinked the bejesus out of this one with sandpaper & varnish.
----------------
$525.00
'50 Tula Refurb- Laminate with scattered dings, blue & white, black blade, sling, oiler & clips.
---------------
$582.77
'50 Tula Refurb- KBI box & accessories. Stock has been garishly sanded down to bare wood. Ripoff.
---------------
$599.00
'50 Tula Refurb- BBQ in birch. BIN.
---------------
$655.00
'50 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ in rough looking laminate with scars & flaking. BIN.
---------------
$370.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Beat up laminate. Light refurb.
---------------
$400.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Light refurb in birch.
---------------
$400.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Nice gun with clean metal. Stock looks nice...too nice...I'm suspicious of the sandpaper treatment. BIN.
---------------
$450.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Beat up, rough shape. Ugly stock.
---------------
$466.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Blue & white, forced birch. Good buy on a high end refurb. The seller licks windows.
---------------
$475.00
'51 Tula Refurb- BBQ in laminate.
---------------
$480.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Neat gun with factory repaired splice in the spine. Blue & white, all force matched metal, replacement hardwood. Sweet gun.
---------------
$499.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ in beat up but attractive replacement birch. BIN.
---------------
$500.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Pretty sure it's a refurb. Horsetrash photos. Nice gun though. BIN.
---------------
$715.00
'51 Tula Refurb- Light refurb in replacement birch. Great looking gun.
---------------
$399.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Horsetrash Bubba gun with POS plastic stock rusty metal & AK mag. Seller asked me what I'd pay. I said I'd give ya 'bout threefiddy.
---------------
$480.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Horsetrash presentation with only 3 pics. BBQ gun. Looks decent enough.
---------------
$499.95
'52 Tula Refurb- Light refurb in pretty sunburst birch.
---------------
$500.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Heavy bbq in laminate with asinine muzzle brake, bipod.
-----------------
$515.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ, forced mag, forced laminate, sling.
-----------------
$520.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Laminate, in the blue & white, chrome blade. Great looking light refurb.
-----------------
$550.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Nice clean light refurb in birch. BIN.
-----------------
$590.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Beat up metal in the blue & white in attractive replacement birch.
-----------------
$660.00
'52 Tula Refurb- Jesus, what is it with the donked stocks this month? Dumpster candidate.
-----------------
$350.00
'53 Tula Refurb- BBQ in forced birch.
-----------------
$361.55
'53? Tula Refurb- BBQ and improper Chinese spike  clap1
-----------------
$370.00
'53 Tula- OK, let's deconstruct this one. "Russian SKS (PRE-BAN)". OK, great, now define the beauty or significance of pre-ban for me please. "Firearm has black stock & black action". Yep, that's honest enough. Nice work Bubba, you're the next Van Gogh. "Overall this gun is in very nice shape." Yeahhh, I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there. Painted guns are never in nice shape. "This gun is only for sale in states where it is legal to own." It's illegal in my state...of mind. Seriously, it's just a painted refurb.
---------------
$556.69
'53 Tula Refurb- In the blue & white, forced laminate with original sling. Nice refurb.
----------------
$560.55
'53 Tula Refurb- Nice clean refurb in the blue with laminate furniture.
----------------
$245.00
'54? Tula- POS folding stock. No blade. Awesome gun for the aspiring door busting samurai mercenary.
----------------
$245.00
'54? Tula- Holy cow someone painted and then beat the snot out of this gun. But thankfully it's adorned with a red dot  clap1
----------------
$341.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Bubba gun missing bayonet but all other original parts included too.
----------------
$350.00
'54? Tula Refurb- Stock beat to ****. In the blue. Receiver drilled & mount included.
-----------------
$357.00
'54? Tula Refurb- Year unknown. BBQ refurb in laminate, chrome blade.
-----------------
$385.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Stock donked. Blech.
-----------------
$405.00
'54? Tula? Refurb- Year/arsenal unknown, should be Tula. Horsecrap presentation. Beautiful charcoal-y stock. Clean metal in the blue. Great buy. Present it well & this is a $650 sale.
-----------------
$408.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ in forced birch.
----------------
$420.00
'54? Tula Refurb- Year unknown. Pitted metal, rough wood, scoped.
-----------------
$500.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Heavy BBQ in ugly dull fecal colored birch.
----------------
$500.00
'54 Tula Refurb- BBQ in laminate.
-----------------
$550.00
'54? Tula Refurb- Year unknown. Heavy BBQ in laminate. BIN.
----------------
$555.00
'54 Tula Refurb- BBQ gun in forced birch.
----------------
$560.00
'54 Tula Refurb- BBQ in birch.
----------------
$749.99
'54 Tula Refurb- Hevy BBQ in laminate. BIN. Wayyy too much money for a cookie cutter refurb but...eh...I've succumbed to auction fever too.
-----------------
$1250.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Wait...that isn't right. Checking notes...yep it's right. Nice refurb for the price of 3 refurbs.
-----------------
$630.00
'55 Tula Refurb- BBQ gun with white bolt, replacement laminate in nice shape.
-----------------
$430.00
Tula D Series- Blue & white, clean birch. One of the nicer D's I've seen pop up for a while. Great buy.
-----------------
$345.00
Tula I Series- Great garnet/ruby stock. BBQ. 4x scope mounted on receiver cover. Sweet Letter.
-----------------
$424.99
Tula I Series? Definitely a Letter, unsure which. Laminate, sling, BBQ, receiver cover scope. BIN.
-----------------
$380.00
Tula I Series- Beat up, rough, still an honest Letter.
-----------------
$290.00
Tula K Series? Letter unknown. Doesn't matter. A nice Letter is ruined and somewhere a samurai is climaxing.
-----------------
$445.00
Tula K Series- Great looking Letter gun. Refurbed hardwood, metal in the blue & white, sling. Nice score for our man Ronald, and he doesn't have to throw a temper tantrum about having a gun in laminate stock.
------------------
$600.00
Tula K Series- Nice mahogany laminate. Bayo lug screws MIA, blade zip-tied to the gun  clap1, blue & white. Nice enough Letter.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:03:08 PM by Blicero »
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Defunct & Debunked: The exDDR and Russian sales September 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:59:32 PM »

Category: Average, Std. Dev., Count
All Collectors:  $797, $330, 11
Collector Tulas Only: $574, $95, 6
Collector Izhevsks Only:  $1,066, $309, 5

All Shooters:  $483,  $152, 57

All Russian SKSs:  $534, $222, 68
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:15:26 PM by Blicero »
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
Always enjoy reading these Kevin.  Great job, and thanks for putting it all together.

Brian

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
Aww, only 3 horsetrash guns this month and a single horsecrap presentation.  pullhair1

That's ok those guns aren't for snobs like Blicero, let's go with this one:

$1250.00
'54 Tula Refurb- Wait...that isn't right. Checking notes...yep it's right. Nice refurb for the price of 3 refurbs.
-----------------
Auction link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439195724
One single bid on it.  BIN was $1600.  Wait, $1600?!?!?!?  :o  I mean seriously, is that a joke?  At least the guy gave free shipping!   thumb1

Heck if that's the new going rate I've got a Sino-banian I'll let go 1/2 off for only $800! 

We're going to see this gun again, that buyer only has one feedback.  Either he backs out when he does his research (after the auction is now over, I mean seriously dude, if you're going to drop almost 13 bills on a firearm, know what you're buying!) or he gets it in, finally does his research on his new gun, and tries to recoup some part of what he's got into it back out. (maybe he discounts it to $1100?  chuckles1)

P.S.  I pains me to say it, but good job Kevin!  You're getting better at this.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
Good work Kevin.
What the reserve for stats post?
That's for when he gets some time on the local supercomputer to run the average, standard deviation, and the ANOVA  :) ...okay, well the average selling price anyhow  ;)

Nice report Kevin!  As always a very entertaining and informative read. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »
I bet its a shill bid. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Lmbass14

• Enjoying another trip around the sun.
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • Just livin' the dream.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »
Great job Kevin.  Hopefully, your typing with both hands now.  Really enjoy your descriptions.
In war, there are no winners or losers.  Just survivors. DR

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »
Well done.  I few really good buys this month.  Some I would even take a swing at.. Thanks for the report!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I've run the numbers through the NASA supercomputer and double checked them with Jon then triple checked them with the HAL9000. Before locking the pod bay doors and telling me this conversation can no longer serve a purpose, Dave, it confirmed our monthly mean was $534.

For those of you thinking who's Dave? Thought this dude was named Kevin? And where the hell are my pants?, that's an Arthur Clarke reference  rofl
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline sheepdog

• BIG MONEY GRIFF
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
  • Khrushchev was right
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »
I love your reports but more adjectives are needed. thankyou1
LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »

And here I was thinking it just needed more cowbell...

Offline routeus1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »
Good honest work, Mr. B, thank you!

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
Thanks for the report Kevin,

As someone still dipping his toe in the water in the Russian SKS pool, its nice to see current information before screwing myself on the first dive.

Still a little out of range for me, but it really is a nice slice of current goings on.  Keep it up! thumb1

The mod wars with the edit button crack me up too. :)

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 09:39:36 AM »
And then there was that '53 Izhevsk light refurb for $450...  :P

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
And then there was that '53 Izhevsk light refurb for $450...  :P

Rub it in why dont'cha  cry1
That really was a fantastic deal for you.

Good honest work, Mr. B, thank you!
Thanks for the report Kevin,

As someone still dipping his toe in the water in the Russian SKS pool, its nice to see current information before screwing myself on the first dive.

Still a little out of range for me, but it really is a nice slice of current goings on.  Keep it up! thumb1

The mod wars with the edit button crack me up too. :)

Thanks guys. This should be both informative & entertaining. I kind of phoned in this month's report, been busy as heck with work & setting up the forum, but every gunbroker jobber is there!

Pusillanimous (Typed that one 5 times before spell check quit yelling at me).
Supercilious (twice)
Chaucerian
Kafkaesque
Caustic
Debonair
Freaky
Happy??? (another adjective!)
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »
What he just call me? 

banghead1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.