Author Topic: My War Horse  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: My War Horse
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
That is one place, Armslist, I will not buy from, seen too many ads taken from other places. I have inquired about certain things and was told if you pay a little extra for it, I will ship it to you.....when it required a FFL01 transfer.... UHM NO!!! Someone is always trying to screw the next guy.. Some love it, and I will glady leave that mess....errrr...all that wonderfulness for them to souly enjoy.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
GM, I submitted a scam to Armslist on all three bogus ads - all were still listed a week or so later. The 01FFL, asking for a telephone number or additional pics smokes these turds out every time. One mutt replied that he works three jobs and didn't have time to take my call!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »
I've only purchased (traded) via an Armslist ad once, and it was a face-to-face (via FFL) deal. No way I would do a remote deal. I haven't sold there in quite a while. The last two listings I made both got scam responders wanting to send me their paycheck, then I was supposed to deposit it and send the rifle and difference back thumb1 fart1 Does that crap actually work on people?! Who would take such a ridiculous offer?  rofl

BTW, that brings up a point people ought to know about banks. It can take 3+ weeks for a check to truly "clear". When the funds show up in your account, as in, they are available to spend, that just means the bank has given you the rope; if it bounces, you're liable crapfan
If you are suspicious of a check, you can inform your teller and they can flag it with a hold on the funds and it'll get the scrutiny it deserves timeout read1 think1

The only time I've done that was with a "bank check" issued by a Louisiana bayou credit union using 1970s watermark technology (a graphic arts savvy person with a good laser printer could print their checks). It turned out to be good, but the buyer was rather impatient hurry1 about the 3 weeks it took to ship it, despite my communication early about the hold, and his initial concurrence that it was fine. I stated in the Gun Broker auction in two places that it was USPS MO only (spelled it out too), again in the initial email to the buyer, and again in a follow on email  bat1 Some people have poor reading comprehension or simply insist on doing it their way, regardless fineprint banghead1 chuckles1

...this concludes my morning rant and emoji lesson...we now return to our regularly scheduled program...

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 03:54:34 PM »
I favor the USPS money order but will accept a certified bank check if the buyer on GB has a healthy string of A+'s relative to payment.