Author Topic: Mosin Sniper Vacation Find  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Mosin Sniper Vacation Find
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »
I'm currently in Colorado visiting family.  In Arvada (where I grew up), I stopped in a LGS and on a consignment stand I saw a Mosin Sniper.  Picked it up and found, for the most part, matching, even the scope base, though I didn't check totally.  Bore was excellent.  Izhevsk 1944.  Price was 499.99.  I snapped it up.  After doing the form on computer then paying (total with tax and background check fee (?)), total was 550.00, which still was a steal to me.  Then the salesman said it would be in the safe...huh??  Seems that the background checks have a 2 day plus backlog, so I didn't even think to take pictures.  Once I get it, I'll send pix.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:13:16 AM by Bacarnal »

Online Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Mosin Sniper Vacation Find
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 11:28:22 PM »
PIcs or it didn't happen, LOL
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 02:15:38 AM »
PIcs or it didn't happen, LOL

onquiet1  wink1

Offline auskip07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 08:14:49 AM »
I'm currently in Colorado visiting family.  In Arvada (where I grew up), I stopped in a LGS and on a consignment stand I saw a Mosin Sniper.  Picked it up and found, for the most part, matching, even the scope base, though I didn't check totally.  Bore was excellent.  Izhevsk 1944.  Price was 499.99.  I snapped it up.  After doing the form on computer then paying (total with tax and background check fee (?)), total was 550.00, which still was a steal to me.  Then the salesman said it would be in the safe...huh??  Seems that the background checks have a 2 day plus backlog, so I didn't even think to take pictures.  Once I get it, I'll send pix.

2 day wait....  bunch of hippies.   

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »
I too am working on getting one...looks like it will be next week now.  Same price. Fingers crossed...

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »
You guys are stealing them at that price.

Maybe you two are wearing a different sort of mask......... rofl
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 06:34:32 PM »
The two day wait is Federal ATF&E backup.  Saw on their website giving the approximate wait time...
Heck, everyone in the gun store was wearing a mask.  Thought I was in Dodge City.
Good luck on yours, a07.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »
The two day wait is Federal ATF&E backup.  Saw on their website giving the approximate wait time...
Heck, everyone in the gun store was wearing a mask.  Thought I was in Dodge City.
Good luck on yours, a07.

i purchased my 2 sks's and it was in and out.   Do you guys not have a carry license to skip the lines?

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 12:14:00 AM »
Mine is a face to face, with a fairly considerable distance involved...it's just getting schedules to play nice...on his end. I am chomping at the bit.
I don't have a carry license...we are open carry, and most places I arm myself involve bears and badgers. Otherwise I avoid the public altogether... I don't even do the drivers license thing.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 07:46:16 AM »
Mine is a face to face, with a fairly considerable distance involved...it's just getting schedules to play nice...on his end. I am chomping at the bit.
I don't have a carry license...we are open carry, and most places I arm myself involve bears and badgers. Otherwise I avoid the public altogether... I don't even do the drivers license thing.

If you dont mind me asking what state are you from.   Guessing  some type of mountain region.  Applician or  Montona .    Sadly im not old enough to retire so i have to interact with people

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »

If you dont mind me asking what state are you from.   Guessing  some type of mountain region.  Applician or  Montona .    Sadly im not old enough to retire so i have to interact with people

Guilty of being a Montanan, good call. :)
I am not old enough to retire, but the virus might have sealed the deal...at least for my chosen and heavily invested profession. I am a sound engineer who provides sound reinforcement gear and engineering for small concert events in night clubs. I have had every show cancelled, postponed, or awaiting even scheduling until it's realistic for people to interact again, normally.  I laugh a little inside trying to imagine people spread out and moshing in place with themselves at the metal shows I tend to get.  chuckles1

My mosin deal is tentatively set for Sunday afternoon...unless the guy's wife decides to not make him take her camping this weekend...it's supposed to be 100+ degrees until Tuesday. Ugh.  I may have to get a range membership, provided they are even open...it's getting crispy enough around here to be dangerous to shoot in the mountains.  It would be nice to have an actual distance vs. however far you can safely shoot before a mountain or a tree gets in the way.    :P

I kinda have high expectations for accuracy for an actual factual sniper rifle.  I just hope the deal happens, I haven't even seen a picture of the thing, and am relying on my new friend's experience...and the matching serial on the scope he cited. It can be ugly as sin, if it's real I am going for it.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 10:10:44 PM »
Just found out the seller hosed me...  pullhair1
Two weeks it's been 'consider it sold'.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:19 PM »

but you already paid?   

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 12:11:25 AM »
Good luck on yours, a07.

i purchased my 2 sks's and it was in and out.   Do you guys not have a carry license to skip the lines?

I'm visiting Colorado from Kentucky.  They say my Concealed Carry doesn't apply for Colorado.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 01:38:15 AM »

but you already paid?

Nope, just dealing with a crummy person from what I hear.  We had been waiting to get it from the owner who needed to get it back from consignment, where it was in possession of  a Covidy shop keep.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
I CLEARED (big surprise) dance2.  Some quick shots from the hotel room...

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 10:21:37 AM »
Now I am so jelly you might as well call me Welch's.
 thumb1

cry1

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
Dang.

I'm feeling a certain twitch.......
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
Wow, thats really nice Bruce! That scope is worth near what you paid isn't it (IDK sh#t about snipers). Congratulations!!!!